|Arshad Nadeem Quick Info
|6 ft 2 in
|Date of Birth
|January 2, 1997
Arshad Nadeem is a Pakistani javelin thrower who is an 8-time National Champion.
ارشد ندیم (In English Arshad Nadeem)
Khanewal, Punjab, Pakistan
- Father – Muhammad Ashraf (Mason)
- Siblings – Arshad has 2 younger siblings and 5 older siblings.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Arshad is of Punjabi descent.
His towering physical appearance
Arshad Nadeem Facts
- He developed an interest in sports at an early age. In school, Arshad played various sports including cricket, badminton, football, and athletics.
- Growing up, Arshad was very passionate about cricket.
- While in grade 7, Arshad was spotted by Rasheed Ahmad Saqi who took him under his wing and trained him. At first, he was interested in the shot put and discus throw but eventually settled on javelin throwing with some persuading from his father.
- In the domestic Javelin competition, Arshad represents the Pakistan Water & Power Development Authority.
- Arshad began competing professionally in javelin throwing in 2015. A year later, he received a scholarship from World Athletics to train at the IAAF High Performance Training Centre in Mauritius.
- The earliest post that Arshad uploaded to his Instagram account was on April 3, 2021.
- He became the first Pakistani athlete to make it into the finals of any track and field event at the Olympic Games as well as the World Athletics Championships.
- Arshad became the first-ever athlete from South Asia at the 2022 Commonwealth Games to breach the 90m mark and set a new record with a throw of 90.18 m.
- He won a silver medal at the World Athletics Championship 2023. He won a prize money of $35,000 (or PKR 10.6 million).
Featured Image By Arshad Nadeem / Instagram