Asa Maxwell Thornton Farr Butterfield
Islington, London, England, United Kingdom
Asa attended Stoke Newington School & Sixth Form in Hackney, UK.
- Father – Sam Butterfield
- Mother – Jacqueline Farr
- Siblings – Morgan Benjamin Butterfield (Older Brother), Loxie (Younger Sister)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
66 kg or 146 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Asa has dated –
- Ella Purnell (2015) – 2016 film Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children co-stars Asa and Ella Purnell dated together in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Striking blue eyes
He may be wearing a shoe of size 8.
Asa has not been endorsed by any of the brands yet.
Best Known For
Starring in the Holocaust film The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (2008), portraying the young Mordred in the hit BBC TV Series Merlin, taking the title role in Martin Scorsese‘s 2011 fantasy Hugo.
2006 drama film After Thomas for his role as Andrew. It was a side role.
First TV Show
In 2008, he appeared in British science fiction and police procedural drama television series, Ashes to Ashes for his role as Donny in just a single episode numbered 6 in season 1.
Asa had done a little workout for the movie “Hugo”, but for the “Ender’s Game”, it was vigorous and intense. In the painful exercise regimen, if he or any group member made a mistake, everyone in the group had to do 10 push-ups. E.g. if anyone fell while jogging, everybody would do 10 push-ups.
- He started acting at the age of 7.
- His older brother “Morgan Benjamin Butterfield” is a drummer for the English band “Oats”.
- His first name “Asa” means “Wings” in Portuguese.
- He enjoys music and due to his interest in this field, he also released a mashup of 2 songs “Teenage Dirtbag” by Wheatus and “Making Plans For Nigel” by XTC in 2004.
- He helped his dad and brother in designing a turn-based video game for iPad in 2012. It was released to the stores on April 7, 2013. The game is titled “Racing Blind”.
- In 2011, he won the Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award in the category of “Best Youth in Film”.
- For Ender’s Game, he received guidance from actual NASA astronauts.
- Besides acting, he likes to read and hang out with kitties.
- You can see him on the cover of the Patrick Skene Catling’s book, “Better Than Working”.
- If you are not already, you can follow him on Twitter.