|Charley Webb Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 26, 1988|
Charley Webb is an English actress who is best known for her portrayal of the character of Debbie Dingle in the British TV soap opera Emmerdale (2002-2021). For her work in the show, she was nominated in the category of ‘Best Dramatic Performance from a Young Actor or Actress’ in 2005; ‘Best Actress’ in 2007, 2009, 2012, 2013, and 2014; ‘Villain of the Year’ in 2013; and ‘Best Dramatic Performance’ in 2014 at the British Soap Awards – an annual ceremony wherein the majority of the awards are voted for by a panel of industry professionals, while certain awards are voted for by the general public.
Charlotte Anne Webb
Bury, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Charley had attended the Philips High School, a community secondary school in Whitefield, a town in the metropolitan borough of Bury, Greater Manchester.
- Mother – Helen Webb
- Siblings – Daniel ‘Danny’ Webb (Younger Brother), Lucy Webb (Younger Sister)
- Others – Cassie Lomas (Older Half-Sister) (Make-up Artist, Businesswoman), Kelly Lomas (Older Half-Sister), James ‘Jamie’ Lomas (Older Half-Brother) (Actor), Billy Lomas (Half-Nephew), Kym Marsh (Ex-Half-Sister-in-Law) (Actress, TV Presenter, Singer), Archie Jay Lomas (Half-Nephew) (d. February 2009), Polly Lomas (Half-Niece), David Wolfenden (Brother-in-Law)
She has been represented by –
- Gabriella Capisani, Manager, United Agents Ltd., Talent Management Firm, London, England, United Kingdom
- Sophie Austin, Booking Agent, United Agents Ltd., Talent Management Firm, London, England, United Kingdom
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charley has dated –
- Matthew Wolfenden (2007-2013, 2014-2023) – Charley began dating English actor and her Emmerdale co-star Matthew Wolfenden in November 2007. He proposed to Charley on Christmas Day in 2009. They broke up in August 2013 but reconciled a few months later – in April 2014. The couple eventually got married in February 2018 at a ceremony held in Ripley Castle, Yorkshire. They have 3 sons together named Buster Lawrence Wolfenden (b. April 2010), Bowie Grey Wolfenden (b. December 2015), and Ace Gene Wolfenden (b. July 2019). In November 2023, it was revealed that the couple had separated after 5 years of marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of British descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde or light brown.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, long, wavy hair
- Gleaming face
Charley Webb Facts
- Charley was interested in acting from a very young age. When she was about 8 years old, she participated in a stage recreation of Bugsy Malone, a 1976 gangster musical comedy film.
- She joined the British TV soap opera Emmerdale in 2002, aged just about 14. During her long-running (2002-2021) portrayal of the character of Debbie Dingle on the show, she would take maternity leave thrice – 2010, 2016, and 2019.
- In both 2003 and 2005, Charley was named the ‘Best Young Actor’ at the Inside Soap Awards, an annual British award ceremony that honors excellence in both British and Australian TV soap operas.
- The ceremony has been organized by Inside Soap (a weekly magazine that covers soap operas in the UK as well as Australian soap operas that are broadcast in the UK) since 1996. At the Inside Soap Awards, she was also nominated in the category of ‘Best Actress’ in 2007, 2009, 2014, and 2015.
- For her performance in Emmerdale, Charley was nominated in the category of ‘Most Popular Newcomer’ in 2003; ‘Most Popular Actress’ in 2005; and ‘Serial Drama Performance’ in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2019 at the National Television Awards – a British awards ceremony that began in 1995 and is considered to be the most prominent such ceremony for which voting is done by the general public.
Featured Image by Charley Webb / Instagram