|Asia Argento Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 20, 1975|
Asia Argento is an Italian actress, singer, and director who is best known for her work in films such as Perdiamoci di vista (1994), Traveling Companion (1996), XXX (2002), Land of the Dead (2005), and Marie Antoinette (2006).
Aria Maria Vittoria Rossa Argento
Asia, Az, Silver Gems
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Vigna Clara, Rome, Lazio, Italy
Actress, Singer, Director
- Father – Dario Argento (Filmmaker, Film Critic)
- Mother – Daria Nicolodi (Actress, Screenwriter) (d. November 26, 2020)
- Others – Anna Ceroli (Older Half-Sister) (d. September 29, 1994), Fiore Argento (Older Half-Sister) (Actress, Costume Designer), Claudio Argento (Paternal Uncle) (Film Producer, Screenwriter), Lucio Nicolodi (Maternal Uncle), Salvatore Argento (Paternal Grandfather) (Film Producer) (d. April 19, 1987), Elda Luxardo (Paternal Grandmother) (Photographer), Fulvio Nicolodi (Maternal Grandfather) (Lawyer), Fulvia Casella (Maternal Grandmother) (Scholar, Expert on Ancient Languages), Alfredo Casella (Maternal Great Grandfather) (Composer, Pianist, Music Conductor) (d. March 5, 1947), Yvonne Muller Loeb Casella (Maternal Great Grandmother) (Pianist), Luciana Castoldi (Ex-Mother-in-Law), Mario Castoldi (Ex-Father-in-Law), Roberta Castoldi (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Actress)
She is represented by Beppe Marzano, Manager and Booking Agent, High Grade Entertainment, Giovinazzo, Bari, Apulia, Italy.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Asia has dated –
- Abel Ferrara (1997-1998)
- Vincent Gallo (1998)
- Marco Castoldi (2000-2006) – Between 2000 and 2006, Asia was in a relationship with Italian singer, songwriter, musician, and multi-instrumentalist Mario Castoldi aka Morgan. They have a daughter together named Anna Lou Castoldi (Actress) (b. June 20, 2001). Asia had named her after her older half-sister Anna Ceroli who had died in a car accident in 1994.
- Michael Pitt (2003-2004)
- Al Gheddafi (2005–2006)
- Fu’ad Aït Aattou (2006-2007)
- Michele Civetta (2007–2013) – She had started dating Italian film director and multi-media artist Michele Civetta in June 2007 and they got engaged in April 2008. They got married on August 27, 2008, in a ceremony in Arezzo, Tuscany, Italy. They have a son together named Nicola Giovanni Civetta (b. 2008). They had eventually parted ways in 2013.
- Max Gazzè (2013–2014)
- Anthony Bourdain (2017–2018)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of 7/8th Italian and 1/8th Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde or light brown.
- Slender frame
- Shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
- Has elaborate tattoos on her upper chest, both arms, both thighs, and back
She had been featured in a TV commercial for Renault Max automobiles (2000).
Asia Argento Facts
- She was named ‘Asia’ (pronounced as AH-zee-ah) at her birth but the city registry office in Rome had refused to acknowledge it as an appropriate first name due to which she had to be officially renamed ‘Aria’. Despite this, she always went by ‘Asia’ which she later used as her professional screen name as well.
- She had published a book of poems when she was just 8 years old.
- Asia had revealed in an interview that she used to be lonely and depressed as a child, as a consequence of her parents’ busy lives. She had even mentioned that she only took up acting to earn her father’s respect.
- She had run away from home at the age of 14 due to her anxiety issues. This was about 2 years before she began her acting career. Later in life, she had suffered from agoraphobia.
Featured Image by Asia Argento / Instagram