|Max Minghella Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 16, 1985|
Max Minghella is an English actor and screenwriter who is well known for his role as Nick Blaine in the Hulu drama series The Handmaid’s Tale. The London-born actor is the son of the film director Anthony Minghella who passed on in 2008. Max starred alongside Blake Lively in Elvis and Anabelle and is known for his roles in The Internship (2013), The Social Network (2010), Bee Season (2005), Art School Confidential (2006), and The Ides of March (2011). Max directed the music video Nothing More Than Everything To Me for Christopher Owens. His directorial debut was in 2018 with the movie Teen Spirit. In 2011, he was nominated for a SAG award for his ensemble work in The Social Network.
Max Giorgio Choa Minghella
London, England, United Kingdom
Max Minghella attended St Anthony’s Preparatory School and University College School in Hampstead, London. Minghella left his college degree to pursue his career in acting. He left the University College School for the National Youth Theatre.
He later went to Columbia University in Upper Manhattan, New York City, where he studied history and graduated in 2009.
- Father – Anthony Minghella (Director)
- Mother – Carolyn Jane Choa (Dancer, Choreographer)
- Siblings – Hannah Minghella (Sister)
- Others – Robert Kotewall (Maternal Great-Grandfather) (Hong Kong Legislator), Edana Minghella (Aunt), Anthony Minghella (Uncle), Dominic Minghella (Uncle), Edward Minghella (Paternal Grandfather), Gloria Alberta Arcari (Paternal Grandmother), George Wing Sien Choa (Maternal Grandfather), Maisie Nora Kotewall (Maternal Grandmother)
Max Minghella is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency (Talent Agency), Los Angeles, California, United States
- Anonymous Content (Talent Management Company), Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Max Minghella has dated –
- Leigh Lezark (2006-2009) – Leigh is a model and DJ known for being a member of The Misshapes. Max and Leigh started dating in 2006. The couple dated for almost 3 years before breaking up in 2009.
- Kate Mara (2010-2014) – Max Minghella and actress Kate Mara started dating in 2010. Their relationship lasted until 2014.
- Eve Hewson (2015) – Memphis Eve Sunny Day Hewson, the Irish actress who is known for her role in This Must Be the Place (2011) was said to be in a relationship with Max in July 2015.
- Elle Fanning (2018-Present) – Actress Elle Fanning who is known for her role in Phoebe in Wonderland (2008), began dating Max in August 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
He is of Italian, Chinese, Sephardi Jewish, Parsi Indian, English, Irish, and Swedish descent.
- Slim body
- Less facial hair
He has joined Serial Pictures for commercial representation and brand endorsements.
Best Known For
His roles in Bee Season (2005), Art School Confidential (2006), The Social Network (2010), and The Internship (2013)
Max Minghella made his first theatrical film appearance in the role of Aaron in the movie Bee Season in 2005.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Himself on the television series Made in Hollywood in 2011.
Max Minghella Facts
- His interest in becoming an actor peaked when he was in his teenage years. It happened when he saw This is Our Youth play at London’s West End. The role that Jake Gyllenhaal played was what inspired him.
- Till he was 16 years old, Max thought he was going to become a music video director because he believed in his early years that being an actor was an uncool thing.
- He had a childhood crush on actress Kirstie Alley who had a role in Look Who’s Talking (1989). Around the time the movie was released, Max Minghella was 4 years old. He loved her raspy voice and thought that she was quite dangerous in the way she acted on screen. His crush later became more serious and darker as he made packages for her and sent them. He later received a signed headshot from her for all his efforts.
- Max Minghella received a gift from Matt Damon on his 13th birthday. He received the Super-8 video camera during a visit to the set of The Talented Mr. Ripley, a movie which Max’s father directed.
- In 2018, Max Minghella made his directorial debut with the film Teen Spirit, in which the actress, Elle Fanning plays the lead role. Jamie Bell is an executive producer of the movie.
- The first Hollywood movie Max auditioned for was Pirates of the Caribbean in 2003. The director later sent a tape to his parents telling them that Max was not cut out for acting and told them to talk him out of it.
- He is very famous for playing the movie role of Divya Narendra in The Social Network (2010). In the film, he was one of those who co-founded Facebook rival, ConnectU.
- Jamie Bell is one of his best friends. He is married to Max’s ex-girlfriend, Kate Mara.
- When he was in high school, most of his friends didn’t know that he was an actor because he only worked on films when he was on summer break.
- He had an uncredited appearance as an extra in the movie that his father directed, Cold Mountain.
- Max has also served as the writer in the 2018 film, Teen Spirit.
- His father died of a hemorrhage in 2008 after an operation the previous week to get rid of cancer affecting his neck and tonsils. Max was really devastated about it. He and his father had really bonded over time.
Featured Image by Heather Wines / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0