|Asser Yassin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 25, 1981|
Asser Yassin is an Egyptian actor, director, producer, and writer. He is known for his roles in movies such as Zay El Naharda (2008), Al Waad (The Promise) (2008), Bebo wa Bashir (2011), and Aswar Al Qamar (2015). However, he is best known for his role as Yahia in the movie Messages from the Sea (2010). For his performance, he was awarded “Best Actor” at the Malmö Arab Film Festival and Carthage Film Festival.
Asser Ashraf Fouad Yassin (Arabic: آسر أشرف فؤاد ياسين)
After enrolling in 2004, Asser graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from The American University in Cairo in Cairo, Egypt.
Actor, Producer, Director, Writer
- Father – He is an engineer.
- Mother – Mona Al Dagheidy (Engineer)
- Siblings – Islam Yassin (Younger Brother) (Has a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering)
- Others – Tamer Hegab (Cousin)
Asser Yassin is represented by A List Agency (Talent Agent) in West Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Asser Yassin has dated –
- Kenzy Abdallah (2012-Present) – In 2012, he married Kenzy, whom he met through mutual friends. They have 2 sons named Ameen and Taher.
Race / Ethnicity
- Athletic physique
- Dimpled chin
- Thin lips
- Very deep voice
Asser Yassin has endorsed brands such as CONCRETE.
He was also the ambassador for UN-IOM Goodwill and iRead.
Asser Yassin Facts
- He never took acting classes and was even too shy to audition at 1st.
- His friend finally convinced him to substitute for another actor. It was just 1 line, so he felt he had nothing to lose. Asser felt the energy when he got on stage and got addicted to acting immediately.
- Asser feels like his background in mechanical engineering helped him in choosing roles. He uses a scientific method as a criterion.
- He worked as an engineering teaching assistant at the university before he became an actor. Asser was also the head of the Student Judicial Board, part of rowing and taekwondo sports teams, and was a talk show zoom operator.
- Asser was an organizing committee member in the Model Arab League and the Model United Nations.
- He had a small role as a terrorist in the novel adaptation in the form of a movie The Yacoubian Building (2006). The very next year, he landed the leading role in the TV series based on the same novel.
- One of his best-known roles, that of Yahia in Messages from the Sea (2010) was written for an Egyptian actor, Ahmed Zaki, who was 30 years older. However, Ahmed passed away from cancer before he could appear in it, so the script had to be rewritten to fit Asser’s youthful appearance.
- For his role as Yahia, he also had to hire a vocal coach and singer, Eman Younis, because the character suffered from a stutter and he wanted to perfect it.
- His mom appears in a silent role at the 28th minute of his 2013 movie, Rags & Tatters.
- In June 2019, Asser “married” Abla Fahita, a well-known Egyptian satirical puppet character introduced in 2010. It was done as part of a photoshoot for the Sayidaty magazine.
- In August 2019, Asser smoked his last cigarette before meeting with the Identity magazine for a photoshoot. He worried about his health and athletic performance and smoking held him back.
- For a role, he had to learn, and then practice playing drums for a year and a half.
- Asser tattooed the name of his grandfather 3 months after he passed away in mid-2019.
- Asser is the type of person that “lives in the now” and doesn’t make plans, as he finds things often change rapidly.
- His hobby is painting.
Featured Image by Asser Yassin / Instagram