|Gloria Diaz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1951|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
Gloria Diaz is a Filipino actor, model, beauty queen, and television personality who shot to popularity after being crowned Miss Universe 1969, becoming the first Filipino to hold the Miss Universe title. Her film credits include Kung Fu Divas, Sisterakas, The Mommy Returns, Ang Tanging Ina N’yong Lahat, Nasaan Ka Man, So Happy Together, Milagro’s Calling, Bakit ‘Di Totohanin, Dahil May Isang Ikaw, Miguel/Michelle, Jose Rizal, My Pretty Baby, Sa Totoo Lang!, Anomalya ni Andres de Saya, Ang Pinakamagandang Hayop sa Balat ng Lupa, May Lamok sa Loob ng Kulambo, May Daga sa Labas ng Lungga, Andres de Saya Mabagsik na Daw, Palabra de Honor, Andres de Saya, and Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo. Moreover, she has also been a part of a variety of television projects which include 2 Good 2 Be True, Oh My Dad!, Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Los Bastardos, Dream Dad, Pamilya Roces, Magpakailanman: The Ups and Downs of Snooky Serna, Dear Uge: Mommy Pasaway, Ipaglaban Mo: Daya, Maalaala Mo Kaya: Sumbrero, Maalaala Mo Kaya: Salamin, 100 Days to Heaven, Maalaala Mo Kaya: Seashells, Mirabella, Glamorosa, Mistaken Identity, Kung Ako’y Iiwan Mo, May Isang Pangarap, Nagsimula sa Puso, Star Circle National Teen Quest, Kung Mawawala Ka, Anna Karenina, and Kool Ka Lang.
Gloria Maria Aspillera Diaz
Gloria Diaz attended St. Scholastica’s College Manila, a private Catholic basic and higher education institution for women in Malate, Manila.
Actor, Model, Beauty Queen, Television Personality
- Father – Jaime “Jimmy” Baltazar Diaz
- Mother – Teresa “Tita” Aspillera y Colobón (or Teresa Colobón Aspillera)
- Siblings – Rio Diaz (Younger Sister) (August 14, 1959 – October 4, 2004) (Beauty Queen, Television Presenter, Actor, Politician). Gloria Diaz also has 8 other sisters and 2 brothers.
- Others – Reynaldo Aspillera y Grivialde (Maternal Grandfather), María Paz “Pacita” Colobón (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gloria Diaz has dated –
- Gabriel “Bong” Daza III (1986-1995) – She got married to Gabriel “Bong” Daza III in the year 1986 and they have 2 daughters, Isabelle and Ava, and a son, Raphael. The duo divorced in 1995.
- Mike de Jesus – She has also been romantically involved with Mike de Jesus.
Race / Ethnicity
Gloria Diaz is of Filipino (Ilocano and Bicolano) descent.
- Prominent cheekbones
- Her wit
Gloria Diaz Facts
- She portrayed the character of Teodora Alonso (a wealthy woman in the Spanish colonial Philippines who was best known as the mother of the Philippines’ national hero Jose Rizal) in the 1998 historical drama film José Rizal. For this performance, Gloria Diaz won the award for “Best Supporting Actress” at the Metro Manila Film Festival in 1998 as well as got nominated in the same category at the FAMAS Awards in 1999.
- She played Lilia in the 2005 romantic drama horror-thriller film Nasaan Ka Man, starring Claudine Barretto, Jericho Rosales, and Diether Ocampo. This earned Gloria Diaz the award for “Movie Supporting Actress of the Year” at the PMPC Star Awards for Movie and a FAMAS Award for “Best Supporting Actress” while she was also nominated for the “Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role (Drama, Musical or Comedy)” at the Golden Screen Awards for Movies.
- Gloria Diaz brought to life the character of Charito in the 2007 romantic comedy film Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo. This role got her nominated in the “Movie Supporting Actress of the Year” category at the PMPC Star Awards for Movies in 2008.
Featured Image by Avito C.Dalan for the Philippine News Agency / Philippine News Agency / Public Domain