|Claudine Barretto Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 20, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Claudine Barretto is a Filipino actor, singer, entrepreneur, and politician who has been referred to as “The Optimum Star” and “Queen of Teleserye”. Yes! Magazine named her the 6th Star Who Ruled the Decade (2000-2009) and she was inducted at the Eastwood City Walk of Fame in 2008. She has been cast in shows like Home Along Da Riles, Oki Doki Doc, ASAP, Palibhasa Lalake, Mula sa Puso, Saan Ka Man Naroroon, Sa Dulo ng Walang Hanggan, Usapang Real Life, Buttercup, Marina, Ikaw ang Lahat sa Akin, Star Magic Presents: Family Pictures, Wish Ko Lang: Bisita, Untold Stories, Sineserye Presents: Maligno, Walang Kapalit, May Bukas Pa, Jillian: Namamasko Po, and Maalaala Mo Kaya: Dance Floor. Claudine Barretto has also worked in various films including Home Along Da Riles 2, May Minamahal, Oki Doki Doc: The Movie, Pare Ko, Home Along Da Riles 2, Madrasta, Calvento Files: The Movie, Dahil Mahal na Mahal Kita, Mula sa Puso: The Movie, Soltera, Kailangan Kita, Etiquette for Mistresses, Milan, Got 2 Believe, Nasaan Ka Man, Dubai, Sukob, and In Your Eyes. Moreover, she decided to run as a city councilor for Olangapo City in the 2022 elections under the PDP–Laban political party and formalized her bid on October 7, 2021.
Claudine Margaret Castelo Barretto
Clauds, Clau, Clau-Clau, Clauie, Claud, Dine
Quezon City, Philippines
Actor, Singer, Entrepreneur, Politician
- Father – Miguel Alvir Barretto
- Mother – Estrella “Inday” Barretto
- Siblings – Gretchen Barretto (Older Sister) (Actor, Socialite, Philanthropist), Marjorie Barretto (Older Sister) (Former Actor, Politician)
- Others – Antonio Clemente Dolor Barretto (Paternal Grandfather), Ana Delgado Alvir (Paternal Grandmother), Julia Barretto (Niece) (Actor, Model), Antonio Morales Barretto (better known as Júnior) (Uncle) (Singer, Actor)
Claudine Barretto has been repped by ALV Talent Circuit.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Claudine Barretto has dated –
- Mark Anthony Fernandez (1995) – She went out with actor Mark Anthony Fernandez in the year 1995 and they also worked together in the sports romantic drama film Mangarap Ka.
- Rico Yan (1998-2002) – In 1998, she started dating matinee idol, model, actor, host, spokesperson, and entrepreneur Rico Yan. The duo worked together on many projects like Radio Romance, Flames: The Movie, Dahil Mahal na Mahal Kita, and Got 2 Believe. Rico and Claudine broke up in 2002, weeks before his death.
- Raymart Santiago – Claudine Barretto married actor, comedian, and TV host Raymart Santiago on March 27, 2006, in Tagaytay Highlands in Tagaytay, Cavite. They had 2 children – Sabina and Santino Santiago. It was reported that Claudine and Raymart Santiago had divorced.
Note – She adopted a girl in 2015 and named her Quia Barretto.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and White)
Claudine Barretto is of Filipino (including Tagalog), Portuguese, and Indian (Maratha) descent.
Claudine Barretto Facts
- In 2003, she received the German Moreno Youth Achievement Award.
- Claudine Barretto co-starred as Jenny in the 2004 romantic drama film Milan and this role won her the “Best Actress” award at the 23rd FAP Luna Awards and the 53rd FAMAS Award.
- She brought to life the character of Pilar in the 2005 romantic drama horror-thriller film Nasaan Ka Man. For this performance, she bagged the award for “Best Actress” at the 8th Gawad PASADO Award and the 54th FAMAS Awards.
- Alongside artists like Fernando Poe Jr., Dolphy, Nora Aunor, Susan Roces, Nida Blanca, Vilma Santos, Christopher de Leon, Maricel Soriano, Aga Muhlach, Robin Padilla, Judy Ann Santos, John Lloyd Cruz, Sharon Cuneta, and Piolo Pascual, Claudine Barretto was recognised as one of “Cinema One’s 15 Legends” in 2009.
Featured Image by Claudine Barretto / Instagram