|Audra McDonald Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1970|
Audra Ann McDonald is an American actress and singer. For her contribution to television and film, McDonald has been nominated multiples times for the NAACP Image Award. Audra is mostly known for her appearance on the Broadway Stage. She is an advocate of equal rights. As a singer, Audra has led many international orchestras and has appeared on several great stages of the world.
Audra Ann McDonald
West Berlin, Germany
Croton-on-Hudson, New York, United States
Audra went to Theodore Roosevelt High School to attend their Roosevelt School of the Arts Program in Fresno.
In 1993, Audra graduated from Juilliard School where she had gone to study classical singing under Ellen Faull.
Actor and Singer
- Father – Stanley McDonald Jr. (High School Principal)
- Mother – Anna Kathryn (University Administrator)
- Siblings – Alison McDonald (Younger Sister) (Television & Film Director and Writer)
William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
Pop, Show tune
She has released her music via Nonesuch Records.
5 ft 7.5 in or 171.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Audra McDonald has dated –
- Peter Donovan (1999-2009) – Audra and bassist Peter Donovan dated for a year before getting married in September 2000. They were married for 9 years and got divorced in 2009. Through this relationship, they had a daughter named, Zoe Madeline Donovan.
- Will Swenson (2012-Present) – On October 6, 2012, Audra married actor and singer, Will Swenson. They have a daughter named Sally James McDonald-Swenson who was born when Audra was 46.
Race / Ethnicity
She is African-American.
Audra has appeared in a PSA for the Wildlife Conservation Society for saving the elephants.
Audra McDonald Favorite Things
- Dessert – Chocolate peanut butter
- Musical Theatre Album – Chicago
- TV Show – Orange Is the New Black
- Movie – A Star Is Born (1954)
- Role To Star Opposite Will Swenson – His wife
Source – YouTube
Audra McDonald Facts
- In September 2016, Audra received National Medal Of Arts by then US President Barack Obama for her work in theater.
- Besides acting and singing, Audra has given many solo performances in stage productions.
- Audra has worked in numerous concerts which include well-known groups such as the New York Philharmonic Orchestra and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
- In 2006, Audra debuted at the Houston Grand Opera by presenting Francis Poulenc’s La Voix humaine.
- In 2007, she played the role of Jenny Smith in the opera Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny at the Los Angeles Opera, for which she won the Grammy Award for Best Opera Opening in 2009.
- She is the first person ever to win a Tony Award in all the 4 acting categories.
Featured Image by Kristin Dos Santos / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0