|Awsten Knight Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1992|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Awsten Knight is an American singer and musician who is best known for being the lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist, and co-founder of the Houston based rock band Waterparks. He is also noted for the creation of rap side project “Felony Steve”. As a member of Waterparks, Knight has contributed to the release of several albums including Double Dare (2016) and Entertainment (2018). Awsten has also collaborated with several music artists including Mikey Way. Besides that, Knight also has more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Cypress, Houston, Texas, United States
He divides his time between Houston, Texas and Los Angeles, California.
Houston attended Cypress Ridge High School in Houston. He was to enroll in college but backed out in order to pursue music full-time.
- Siblings – Gracie Knight (Younger Sister) (DJ)
As a member of Waterparks, he is represented by Benji Madden and Joel Madden from the band Good Charlotte.
Rap, Pop Punk, Pop Rock, Electropop
As a member of Waterparks, Awsten has released his music with Hopeless Records and Equal Vision Records.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Awsten has dated –
- Ciara Hanna (2016-2017) – According to sources, Awsten had started dating actress Ciara Hanna in 2016. Everything was going well between the couple during the initial months but soon enough everything ended up in disaster after Awsten released a track titled Worst in 2017. After listening to the song, fans began to backlash Ciara on social media and accused her of cheating on him. However, Ciara responded on Twitter stating that just because he wrote lyrics, everyone started making up stories and that neither of them had cheated on one another. They had just gone through a bad breakup.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
He prefers to dye his hair blonde, blue, purple, green, and pink.
Awsten left eye is hazel in color and his right is also hazel with a tint of blue.
- His right eye is hazel with a tint of blue in it and his left eye is hazel in color.
- Dyes his hair blue, pink, purple, blonde, and green
- Thick eyebrows
Best Known For
- Contributing his incredible skills to the release of several albums including Double Dare (2016) and Entertainment (2018)
- Releasing several hit singles such as I Was Hiding Under Your Porch Because I Love You (2011), Silver (2011), New Wave (2013), I’m a Natural Blue (2013), Crave (2015), Stupid For You (2016), Hawaii (Stay Awake) (2016), Royal (2016), Gloom Boys (2016), Blonde (2017), Lucky People (2017), Not Warriors (2017), Beating Heart Baby (2019), and Turbulent (2019) alongside his band members Otto Wood and Geoff Wigington
- Creating the rap side project Felony Steve in 2017
As the lead singer and rhythm guitarist of Waterparks, Awsten contributed his skills to the release of their debut studio album titled Double Dare which was released on November 4, 2016. It was compiled of a total 13 tracks which included the songs Hawaii (Stay Awake), Gloom Boys, Stupid for You, Royal, Take Her to the Moon, Made in America, Dizzy, Powerless, Little Violence, 21 Questions, It Follows, Plum Island, and I’ll Always Be Around.
The album that was released in Japan also included 2 bonus tracks titled Candy and What We Do For Fun.
Awsten focuses mostly on cardio activities and also performs exercises such as push-ups, pull-ups, and sit-ups.
As for his diet, he prefers to keep off sugary meals as he believes that it slowly reduces muscle size.
Awsten Knight Favorite Things
- Song To Play Live – Tantrum (2018)
- Albums – Because The Internet (2013) and Camp (2011) by Donald Glover, Chase The White Whale (2008) by Driver Friendly, Goblin (2011) by Tyler, The Creator, American Beauty/American Psycho (2015) and Infinity On High (2007) by Fall Out Boy, The Black Parade (2006) My Chemical Romance, A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out (2005) by Panic! at the Disco, First Impressions Of Earth (2006) by The Strokes, Warrior (2012) by Kesha, Blurryface (2015) by Twenty One Pilots, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010) by Kanye West, Save Rock and Roll (2013) by Fall Out Boy, Purpose (2015) by Justin Bieber, Louder Now (2006) by Taking Back Sunday.
- Band – 5 Seconds Of Summer, Blink-182
Awsten Knight Facts
- He grew up in Cypress, Houston alongside his younger sister Gracie.
- Awsten’s parents did not like the idea of their son ditching college in order to pursue music as a career.
- Growing up, he was badly bullied in school. In an interview with Altpress, he also stated that bullies had also defecated on top of him in junior high and high school. He was also bullied for having heterochromia, a rare condition that causes two different eye colors.
- Awsten and Waterparks‘ backing vocalist and lead guitarist Geoff Wigington met one another off the internet. Whereas, vocalist and drummer Otto Wood and Awsten found each other over a flyer that Awsten had handed out to him when they were 17 years old.
- He released his first EP titled Airplane Conversations on April 3, 2012, independently.
- The band was initially founded by Gage Matthieu and Awsten in 2011 soon after which Geoff Wigington joined in. Later, they went on to play their first show at Warehouse Live in 2012.
- Awsten created a rap side project titled Felony Steve on SoundCloud in 2017. Under that, he released the first track titled Money Mountain Vol. II on December 3 that year. However, days after the release he was asked to take down the album as his then record label Equal Vision did not agree with it. Then, in 2019, he resurrected the project after switching over to Hopeless Records.
- In the past, Awsten had recruited Good Charlotte‘s guitarist, vocalist, and songwriter Benji Madden and lead vocalist Joel Madden as the band’s managers.
- Awsten is an amazing hairstylist and enjoys dying his hair in different shades.
- In 2019, rapper Lil Phag and Awsten rapped on an EP titled “resERECTION” which earned the no. 1 spot on the “iTunes’ Hip-Hop Album” chart. The very same day that they hit the first place, rapper Gucci Mane had also released his 14th studio album titled Delusions of Grandeur which earned #2 place on the chart.
- Awsten and the other co-founders of Waterparks had derived their band’s name from a Russian eponymous boyband.
- The craziest dare he had ever done was eating a cigarette while sitting at a graveyard.
- If he were an animal, it would have been an Otter.
- His dream collaboration would be with actor, comedian, and singer Donald Glover.
- He enjoys eating Waffle Crisp or Reese’s Puffs before going to bed.
- Awsten can binge on red and yellow Twizzlers all day.
- Visit the band’s official website @ waterparksband.com.
- Follow Waterparks on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Spotify, and YouTube.
- Follow Awsten on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Awsten Knight / Instagram