|Ayo Jay Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1989|
Ayo Jay is an English-born Nigerian singer and songwriter who has released numerous songs such as Think About Me (2015) and Your Number (2016), the latter having peaked at the number 19 position in the US R&B chart. He has won several awards including the Nigeria Entertainment Awards for “Most Promising Act to Watch” in 2014.
Ayoola Ogundeyi Jr.
Ayo Jay, Boy Wonder
London, England, United Kingdom
New York City, New York, United States
He went to International School, Lagos (ISL) in Nigeria in 2006. After that, he relocated to the United States and attended Baruch College in New York City pursuing a college degree in Economics, graduating in 2013.
He is represented by One Nation Group.
- One Nation Records
- RCA Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Nigerian descent.
- A scar on his right eyebrow
- Light beard and mustache
Ayo Jay Favorite Things
- Inspiration – Wande Coal, Wizkid
Source – Premium Times
Ayo Jay Facts
- He discovered his talent for singing and songwriting when he was young. However, although he loved singing, he was never encouraged by his family to pursue it, the importance being placed on higher education.
- He has revealed that while growing up, he would enjoy singing in the bathroom and when he became interested in Nigerian music, particularly after listening to Wande Coal, he began to think that he would be able to do something similar. He had studied the impact that Wizkid had made and had decided to give it a try.
- Jay has disclosed that he has a shy personality and he was initially unsure about trying to make a career in the music industry as he felt that his introvert nature was not fit for a musician.
- He has affirmed that prior to getting offers from record labels, he had done an internship on Wall Street, and so he would have continued somewhere in that line had he not ventured into music.
- He has stated that he had written and recorded the song Available (2014) in 2 days. In the single, he had intentionally pronounced the word “Available” with an Ibadan accent, as his father had worked in Ibadan for a decade and he used to be a frequent visitor to the city. In the song, he made an attempt to imitate people from that part of the country and has been grateful to find out how people liked the incorporation.
- Ayo has more than 70k followers on Instagram.
- He has credited his affinity for dancehall and Caribbean music to his schooling in New York where he attended college. He has pointed out that as a result of his degree in Economics, he has been able to save and always make smart financial decisions.
Featured Image by Ayo Jay / Instagram