|Bai Ling Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 10, 1966|
|Boyfriend / Girlfriend||Unknown|
Bai Ling is a talented Chinese actress best known for her roles in The Crow, Red Corner, Wild Wild West, Anna and the King, Crank: High Voltage, Love Ranch, and Maximum Impact. She has been featured on the cover of popular magazines like Playboy. Bai Ling has also done endorsement work for numerous brands like Ably Apparel.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Bai Ling passed out from high school in Chengdu, China in 1978. In 1991, she attended the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York and the New York University.
Actress, Producer, Writer
- Father – Bai Yuxiang (He was a Musician in the People’s Liberation Army and Music Teacher)
- Mother – Chen Binbin (She was a dancer, stage actress, and a literature teacher in Sichuan University)
- Siblings – Bai Jie (Older Sister) (Works for the Chinese Tax Bureau) and Bai Chen (Younger Brother) (Works in an American company in Japan)
- Others – Xu Chi (Step-Father) (Writer)
Bai Ling is represented by Mavrick Artists Agency, Inc., Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Bai Ling has dated –
- Chris Isaak (1999-2000) – In 1999, Bai Ling started dating singer Chris Isaak. Their relationship lasted for about a year.
- Thomas Jane (2001) – Bai Ling had a brief encounter with actor Thomas Jane in August 2001.
- Bill Maher (2003) – Bai Ling had a brief affair with talk show host Bill Maher in 2003.
- Nick Carter (2005) – In August 2005, Bai Ling had a brief fling with singer Nick Carter from Backstreet Boys.
- Damon Elliott (2007-2008) – Bai Ling had a relationship with music producer Damon Elliott between 2007 and 2008.
- Mickey Rourke (2009) – In January 2009, Bai Ling and actor Mickey Rourke were rumored to be dating.
- Lionel Richie (2009) – In July 2009, Bai Ling dated musician Lionel Richie.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Chinese ancestry.
- High cheekbones
- Tends to keep frontal bangs
She has used her social media presence to endorse brands like –
- Trendsetter Fashion
- Ably Apparel
Best Known For
Her versatile roles in The Crow (1994), Red Corner (1997), Wild Wild West (1999), Anna and the King (1999), Storm Watch (2002), Dumplings (2004), Entourage (2005), Lost (2007), The Hustle (2008), A Beautiful Life (2008), Crank: High Voltage (2009), Love Ranch (2010), Speed Dragon (2013), American Girls (2013), Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance (2015), Maximum Impact (2017), and many more
In 1984, she made her theatrical film debut in the Chinese drama film Hai tan as Lu Xiao Mei.
In 2001, she made her theatrical film debut by lending her voice for the role of Mui in the English version of the fantasy action comedy film Shaolin Soccer.
First TV Show
In 1993, she made her first TV show appearance in the crime drama series Homicide: Life on the Street as Teri Chow.
In 2000, she made her TV show debut as a voice actress on the animated adventure series The Wild Thornberrys as the voice of Mei-Mei / Mother Panda.
Bai Ling revealed in her blog that the secret to her looking younger than her age is the cultivation of happy thoughts. She admits that she does not exercise and indulges in desserts without regret. She also adds that being comfortable in one’s own skin is the key in feeling happy inside which ultimately results in looking beautiful outside.
Bai Ling Favorite Things
- City – Paris
Source – Travel And Leisure
Bai Ling Facts
- Her parents divorced in the early 1980s.
- Growing up in China, she did labor work at Shuangliu after clearing her middle school.
- She appeared for the People’s Liberation Army‘s exams in 1978 and became a qualified artist soldier.
- She also served as an army nurse for a while.
- In 1981, Bai Ling started doing serious acting and joined the People’s Art Theater of Chengdu.
- She went to the US in 1991 to attend the New York University‘s film department as a visiting scholar but managed a special visa that prolonged her stay.
- In 1999, she received a US citizen certification.
- During her interview in the reality television series Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew in 2011, Bai Ling confessed to being s*xually abused by Chinese generals while working at the Chinese People’s Army, when she was just 14 years old.
- She has been featured on the covers of magazines like Playboy, Femme Fatales, and many others.
- She has had numerous run-in with authorities including shoplifting at the Los Angeles International Airport on February 14, 2008, and disturbing public peace on March 5, 2008.
- In 1998, she was named one of the “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” by People magazine.
- Her small scene in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005) was cut out during editing.
- Her name means “white spirit” in English.
- She was on the pin-up calendar of Stuff magazine for the July 2007 entry.
- She has worked as an executive producer in Boned (2015), Speed Dragon (2013), Yellow Hill: The Stranger’s Tale (2012), Bodyguards and Assassins (2009), Shanghai Baby (2007), and many more.
- As a writer, she wrote the story for the short film Yellow Hill: The Stranger’s Tale (2012).
- Visit her official website @ www.officialbailing.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Lloyd Klein / Flickr / CC BY-2.0