|Thomas Jane Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 22, 1969|
Thomas Jane is an American actor and director who is best known for acting in movies such as Boogie Nights (1997), Deep Blue Sea (1999), Original Sin (2001), The Punisher (2004), The Mist (2007), 1922 (2017), and The Predator (2018). He is also well known for portraying characters such as Ray Drecker in the comedy-drama TV series Hung (2009-2011) and Josephus Miller in the science-fiction TV series The Expanse (2015-2019).
Thomas Elliott III
Thomas Jane, Tom
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Silver Lake, Los Angeles, California, United States
Thomas had attended the Thomas Sprigg Wootton High School, a public school in Rockville, Maryland. He had, however, dropped out at the age of 16 and moved to Hollywood to pursue a career in acting.
- Father – Thomas Elliott Jr. (Genetic Engineer)
- Mother – Cynthia Elliott (née Jane) (Antiques Dealer)
- Others – Lewis Arquette (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Actor, Writer, Producer), Brenda Olivia ‘Mardi’ Denaut (née Nowak) (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Actress, Theater Operator, Poetess, Acting Teacher, Activist, Therapist) (d. 1997), Rosanna Arquette (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Actress, Producer, Director), Alexis Arquette (Ex-Sister-in-Law, known as Robert Arquette before gender reassignment surgery in 2006) (Actress, Cabaret Performer, Underground Cartoonist, Activist) (d. 2016), Richmond Arquette (Ex-Brother-in-Law) (Actor), David Arquette (Ex-Brother-in-Law) (Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Fashion Designer, Professional Wrestler), Clifford Charles ‘Cliff’ Charles Arquette (Ex-Grandfather-in-Law) (Actor, Comedian, Civil War Expert), Enzo Rossi (Ex-Stepson) (Actor), Coco Arquette (Ex-Niece), Zoë Bleu Sidel (Ex-Niece) (Actress, Model, Stylist), Rutger Hauer (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Actor) (d. July 2019), Heidi Merz (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Pianist), Leandro Maeder (Ex-Stepson) (Model)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thomas has dated –
- Ayesha Hauer – Thomas had married actress Ayesha Hauer in 1989. Before getting married, they already had welcomed a child together, son Leandro Maeder on December 14, 1987. They had co-starred in several films before getting divorced in 1995.
- Olivia d’Abo (1998–2001) – Thomas was engaged to English-American actress, singer, and songwriter Olivia d’Abo from 1998 to 2001.
- Bai Ling (2001)
- Patricia Arquette (2001-2011) – Thomas had started dating actress and activist Patricia Arquette in June 2001, after meeting her through common friends. They got engaged in August 2002 and got married on June 25, 2006, at the Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo in Venice, Italy. They have a daughter together named Harlow Olivia Calliope Jane (b. February 20, 2003). In January 2009, Patricia had filed for divorce but the couple had reconciled briefly. In August 2010, they had proceeded with the divorce which was finalized in July 2011. They were granted joint custody of their daughter.
- Natalie Zea (2009) – Rumor
- Demi Moore (2012) – Rumor
- Anne Heche (2019–2020)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, Scottish, and distant German-Jewish and Blackfoot Indian (Native American) descent.
- Toned physique
- Often sports a light stubble
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Affable smile
Thomas Jane Facts
- Thomas’s first acting role was a character called Chris in the Telugu language Indian film Padamati Sandhya Ragam (1987). He was credited as Tom Jane.
- His directorial debut, the crime thriller film Dark Country (2009), in which he also starred, was the first dramatic feature film to be shot in digital 3-D.
- His favorite alcoholic beverage is Absinthe. In a November 2019 interview, he had mentioned that he owns an original unopened bottle of Pernod Fils absinthe that was made in 1906.
- He owns a mint collection of precode 1950s horror comic books.
- Growing up, Thomas has eaten a lot of pheasant (bird) and trout (fish). His father used to gather these by hunting and fishing.
- Thomas likes great craftsmanship and artistry because of his mom’s love for antique items.
- Thomas has a cat named Cat.
- He is a Freemason.
- Thomas has a big collection of sunglasses. His daughter often steals some from him.
- Thomas can play the guitar. He still plays it which he had purchased for $70.
- Growing up, he used to sing for his supper.
- In the comedy-drama series Hung, Anne Heche was paid to play Thomas’s ex-wife from 2009 to 2011. Later, in 2019, she actually became his girlfriend and started pretending to be his real wife for free. Anne and Thomas liked making out on kitchen floors. However, they had separated in 2020.
- He had actually thought that shoes and underwear are useless pieces of clothing.
- Thomas is a big fan of Turner Classic Movies, especially Eddie Muller’s Noir Alley.
- Thomas also has a hat collection with him just like sunglasses.
- Thomas once went with Sgt. Dunster of the LAPD on a ride in which he was a part of the high-speed car chase, saw the after-effects of shooting, raided an illegal gambling den, and finally arrested those speed lovers. All this happened before 1 a.m.
- In November 2022, Thomas filed a claim against the estate of his late ex Anne Heche, revealing that he had loaned $157,000 to Anne and was still owed $149,106.04.
Featured Image by Thomas Jane / Instagram