|Bebe Neuwirth Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 31, 1958|
Bebe Neuwirth is an award-winning American actress, singer, and dancer who is best remembered for playing Dr. Lilith Sternin on the sitcom Cheers (1986-1993) and its spin-off, Frasier (1994-2003). She has more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Bebe attended Princeton High School and graduated in 1976. She joined the Juilliard School but left a year later.
She studied singing and dancing at the Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) in New York.
Actress, Singer, Dancer
- Father – Lee Neuwirth (Mathematician at Princeton University)
- Mother – Sydney Neuwirth (Painter, Dancer)
- Siblings – Peter Neuwirth (Older Brother) (Mathematician, Actuary)
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bebe has dated –
- C.J. Wilson
- Paul Dorman (1982-1991) – Bebe was married to Paul Dorman from 1984 to 1991.
- Michael Danek (1992-1999)
- George Stephanopoulos (2000)
- Chris Calkins (2007-Present) – Bebe and Chris Calkins got married on May 4, 2009, in a New York ceremony officiated by friend and actor Peter Coyote.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
Bebe Neuwirth Facts
- She was caught smoking marijuana by school authorities at the age of 13.
- After watching a production of The Nutcracker as a kid, Bebe aspired to be a ballet dancer.
- Bebe has essayed the roles of Velma Kelly, Roxie Hart, and Matron Mama Morton at different times in the musical Chicago in 1996, 2006, and 2014 respectively. She is the first actor to do so in the course of a single Broadway run.
- She has played the character of Dr. Lilith Sternin on Cheers (1986–1993), Wings (1992), and Frasier (1994–2003).
Featured Image by Alan Light / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0
Always like Bebe, she was great in Cheers. I am surprised twice…..one she and I are about the same height but Bebe outweighs me!