|Alex Morgan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 2, 1989|
Alex Morgan is an American professional soccer player who has played for the Orlando Pride of the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL), the highest division of women’s professional soccer in the United States. Alex has also been a part of the United States women’s national soccer team and co-captained the United States women’s national soccer team with Carli Lloyd and Megan Rapinoe from 2018 to 2020. Time ranked her as the top-paid American women’s soccer player in 2015 and was named one of Time‘s 100 Most Influential People of 2019. Moreover, along with Canada’s Christine Sinclair and Australia’s Steph Catley, she became the first women’s soccer players to appear on the cover of FIFA video games in 2015.
Alexandra Patricia Morgan
Alex, Baby Horse
San Dimas, California, United States
Alex Morgan attended the Diamond Bar High School in California and graduated in 2007. She then joined the University of California, Berkeley and graduated in 2010 with a bachelors’ degree in public economy. Also, her graduation came a semester earlier.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Michael T. Morgan
- Mother – Pamela S. Morgan
- Siblings – Jeni Morgan (Older Sister), Jeri Morgan (Older Sister)
- Others – Wendell Lloyd Jeske (Maternal Grandfather), Margretta J. Smith (Maternal Grandmother)
Alex Morgan has been represented by Wasserman Media Group, Llc., Sports Management Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alex Morgan has dated –
- Servando Carrasco (2007-Present) – Alex Morgan started dating soccer player Servando Carrasco while studying at the University of California, Berkeley. Like Alex, Servando was also on his college’s soccer team. Shortly after meeting in junior year, they started dating. After dating for almost 6 years, Carrasco proposed to his beautiful girlfriend in December 2013. On the 2014 New Year Eve, they got married in an intimate wedding ceremony, which was attended by 180 guests (including almost every member of the US women’s national team) at Rancho Dos Pueblos in Santa Barbara. The couple has 1 child together, daughter Charlie Elena Carrasco (b. May 7, 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
Alex Morgan is of Welsh, German, and English descent.
- Athletic Figure
- Blue Eyes
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Like most popular athletes, Alex Morgan has a long-term endorsement deal with the sportswear giant Nike.
In 2011, she was signed up as a brand ambassador by the Bank of America on a one-year deal.
She has also done endorsement and promotional work for the following brands –
- Procter & Gamble
- Mondelez International
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
She appeared in Michelob Ultra’s Super Bowl commercial in 2021 along with Serena Williams, Anthony Davis, Peyton Manning, and many more. She also appeared in the commercial for Michelob Ultra for the “2022 Super Bowl” alongside Peyton Manning, Jimmy Butler, Nneka Ogwumike, and Brooks Koepka.
Best Known For
- Being one of the highest-paid female soccer stars
- Being one of the finest female strikers in the game
First Soccer Match
On April 17, 2011, Alex Morgan made her professional debut for Western New York Flash in a 2-1 away victory against Boston Breakers at the Harvard Stadium.
Alex first appeared in the sports game Marvel & ESPN Films Present 1 of 1: Genesis as herself in 2014.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut in 2012 in talk show Live! with Kelly as herself.
When Alex Morgan has an off day from soccer training, she likes to perform yoga that helps prevent injuries. Apart from yoga classes, she also attends spin classes and goes on long runs. Occasionally, she likes to go swimming. The fundamental mantra of her fitness routine is to mix it up so that the body doesn’t get used to any routine and stop responding to it.
She attributes her washboard abs to lots of running. Alex also occasionally performs ten minutes of abs workouts at home. She puts her favorite music on and gets her timer. Next, she selects ten core exercises and performs each exercise for one minute before moving to the next one without any rest in between these exercises.
Alex prefers to have a big and healthy breakfast. The lunch comprises of lean protein and green vegetables. For dinner, she tries to avoid carbs. She prefers to have fruits and nuts for snacking. However, her diet isn’t completely strict. If she wants a burger, she can have it for lunch. The key for her is balance. She is vegan.
Alex Morgan Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Burger, Nutella, Diet Coke
- Celebrity Crush – Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Ryan Gosling
- Songs – Run the World (By Beyoncé), Man in the Mirror (By Michael Jackson), Can’t Hold Us (By Macklemore and Ryan Lewis), Where Have You Been (By Rihanna), Your Song (By Ellie Goulding)
Source – SheKnows.com, ESPN.com
Alex Morgan Facts
- After Mia Hamm, she is the second US women soccer player to have recorded 20 plus goals and assists in a calendar year. In 2012, she had 28 goals and 21 assists in 31 appearances.
- In 2015, Time magazine declared her the highest-earning female soccer star.
- Alex Morgan was featured on the cover of EA Sports’ FIFA 16 game, which was sold in the United States.
- She has a publication deal with Simon & Schuster to publish a series of books centered around four soccer players titled The Kicks. The first installment of the series was Saving the Team.
- Alex holds the distinction of being the first California Golden Bears women’s soccer player to be picked in the first round of the WPS draft.
- Morgan’s goal in the 2008 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup final in Chile was declared as the goal of the tournament and overall second-best goal of the year.
- In the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup final, she became the first player in the history of the tournament to have a goal as well as an assist in the final match.
- The live-action comedy series (also named The Kicks) has also been created from her book series and has aired on Amazon Prime.
- In January 2016, she got the keys for her hometown, Diamond Bar in honor of her immense achievements in her field.
- In January 2017, she had signed a 6-month contract with French football club Olympique Lyonnais (Lyon) for $33,000 per month.
- In 2018, she had a cameo appearance in the Maroon 5 ft Cardi B‘s song Girls Like You.
- Alongside Siena Agudong and Andrew Rush, she co-starred as herself in the fantasy-sports comedy film, Alex & Me, in 2018. She appeared as Reagan’s idol and the star forward of the United States women’s national soccer team, who comes to life from the poster after Reagan bumps her head, though only Reagan can see her.
- She was PETA’s Most Beautiful Vegan Celebrity of 2019 apart from basketball player Kyrie Irving.
- In January 2021, Alex had revealed that she, her husband Servando Carrasco, and their daughter Charlie had tested positive for coronavirus during the holidays in 2020.