|Ben Roethlisberger Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 2, 1982|
Ben Roethlisberger aka “Big Ben” is a former American football quarterback and tech investor who played in the National Football League (NFL) for 18 seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Benjamin Todd Roethlisberger
Lima, Ohio, United States
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Ben studied at Findlay High School in Findlay, Ohio. Later, he went on to attend The Georgia Institute of Technology and later transferred to Miami University, Oxford, Ohio graduating with a Bachelor of Arts/Science.
Former American Football Player, Tech Investor
- Father – Kenneth Todd “Ken” Roethlisberger (Former pitcher and quarterback at Georgia Tech)
- Mother – Ida Jane (née Foust)
- Siblings – Carlee Roethlisberger (Younger Sister) (Played basketball for the University of Oklahoma)
- Others – Kenneth Carl Roethlisberger (Paternal Grandfather), Audrey Louise Heslop (Paternal Grandmother), Franklin E. Foust (Maternal Grandfather), Frances Arlene Shoemaker (Maternal Grandmother)
Ben is managed by Ryan Tollner of Rep 1 Sports.
On June 14, 2023, Ben Roethlisberger’s net worth was $100,000,000 according to Celebrity Net Worth.
6 ft 5 in or 195 cm
109 kg or 240.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ben has dated –
- Missy Peregrym (2007-2008) – Actress and former fashion model Missy Peregrym and Ben started dating in late 2007. They were seen together at various public places when they were dating. After dating for a year, the couple separated in 2008.
- Ashley Harlan – Roethlisberger tied the knot with physician assistant Ashley Harlan from New Castle, Pennsylvania on July 23, 2011. Together, the couple has three children – Ben Jr., Baylee, and Bodie.
Race / Ethnicity
Ben has Swiss-German, German, English, distant Dutch, and French ancestry.
Ben has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- NFL Game Pass
- DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket
Ben Roethlisberger Facts
- He was raised a Christian and recommitted to his faith in 2017.
- The Swiss-German spelling for his last name is “Röthlisberger” and originates from Geissbühler, Lauperswil, Switzerland.
- Ben was chosen to be an ambassador for Swiss Roots in the past.
- He traveled to Switzerland with his wife and children in May 2006.
- In the past, Ben came out with his own barbecue sauce brand, Big Ben’s BBQ. Aside from that, he is also an investor in tech startups, some of which include the neonatal care company, NeoLight.
- On June 12, 2006, he was in a motorcycle accident while traveling east on Second Avenue when a 1996 Chrysler New Yorker made a left turn in front of the motorcycle on the South Tenth Street Bridge resulting in the accident.
- According to a statement by an eyewitness, he flew over the handlebars of his bike and into the windshield of the car with his head. Ben suffered a puncture wound to his neck which led to him bleeding out. However, the onsite paramedics aided in stopping it in time.
- While in the hospital, he had been diagnosed with a fractured jaw and right sinus cavity, a nine-inch laceration to the back of the head, lost two teeth and chipped several teeth.
- He was ranked #48 on Forbes’ “Celebrity 100” (2019) and #91 on the list of “The World’s Highest-Paid Athletes” (2020).
- Ben has been sponsored by Fanatics, Nike, Panini, and Sprint Nextel.
Featured Image By Erik Drost / Flickr / CC BY 2.0