|Beth Ditto Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||February 19, 1981|
Beth Ditto is an American singer and songwriter who is known for working with the indie rock band Gossip. She is renowned for opening her own fashion brand for plus size people. Ditto’s voice had been compared with the prominent singers like Etta James, Janis Joplin, and Tina Turner. Being a lesbian, Beth is an outspoken personality who supports lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT), and is associated with feminist causes.
Mary Beth Patterson
Gossip, Beth Ditto
Searcy, Arkansas, United States
Portland, Oregon, United States
Her academic details and information are not known.
- Father – Homer Ditto
- Mother – Velmyra Estel
- Siblings – Beth has a total of 2 older brothers, 1 older sister, 2 younger brothers, 1 younger sister.
Beth is represented by –
- Tara Perkins of Hard Land Management
- Sam Kirby Yoh of WME Entertainment
- Emma Banks of Creative Artists Agency
Indie rock, post-punk, Synthpop
- Kill Rock Stars
- Columbia Records
- Virgin Records
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Beth Ditto has dated –
- Kristin Ogata – Beth married her best friend and girlfriend Kristin Ogata in July 2013 in Maui, Hawaii. Kristin and Beth were best friends since the age of 18. After the legalization of the same-sex marriage, the couple legally got married in Oregon in December 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Chubby and round face
- Voluminous figure
Beth has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Ditto’s upbringing was done under Southern Baptist and Pentecostal religion values.
Best Known For
- Her stage dances and her unique and revealing image
- Speaking in support of both lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT), and feminist causes
- He melancholic, soulful dance music
Beth released her first studio album titled Fake Sugar which is a Southern rock & pop album, on June 16, 2017, via Virgin and produced by Jennifer Decilveo.
Beth made her theatrical film debut in the 2018 drama film Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far on Foot as Reba.
First TV Show
Ditto made her first TV show appearance in 2007 on NewNowNext Music.
In her free time, Ditto practices dancing.
Beth Ditto Favorite Things
- Artists – Siouxsie Sioux and Patti Smith
- Song – Oh Bondage Up Yours by X-Ray Spex
Source – Wikipedia
Beth Ditto Facts
- She was raised in Arkansas in the southern United States.
- Beth is inspired by Cyndi Lauper and Boy George.
- At the age of 13, Beth left her mother’s house and started living with her aunt.
- She relocated to Olympia, Washington in 1999 before settling in Portland, Oregon since 2003.
- By the age of 18, Ditto got familiar with bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, The Raincoats, and Siouxsie and the Banshees.
- She started her band Gossip in 1999.
- Beth performed in the Crisis charity single Consequences in 2008, which was a collaboration between various artists.
- Her 4-track “Beth Ditto” EP which was released in 2011 got produced by James Ford and Jas Shaw of Simian Mobile Disco, on the re-launched Deconstruction Records.
- Ditto considers herself as Punk and never shaved her underarms and also doesn’t use deodorants.
- In 2006, she stated in an interview that she used to eat squirrels as a child.
- On July 9, 2009, Ditto introduced her first plus-size collection for women’s clothing retailer Evans pairing with the head of design Lisa Marie Peacock.
- She was the opener and the show stopper at the Jean Paul Gaultier spring 2011 fashion show during Paris Fashion Week in October 2010.
- Ditto teamed up with MAC Cosmetics to introduce a makeup collection in June 2012.
- She released her memoir titled Coal to Diamonds in 2012.
- Ditto considers Grace Jones and Peggy Moffitt as her beauty icons.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by rawpic / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0