|Bettie Page Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 22, 1923|
|Date of Death||December 11, 2008|
Bettie Page was an American model and actor who rose to popularity in the 1950s for her pin-up photos. She posed for dozens of photographers throughout the 1950s and became “Miss January 1955”, one of the earliest ‘Playmates of the Month’ for Playboy magazine.
Bettie Mae Page
The Girl with the Perfect Figure, The Notorious Bettie Page, The Queen of Curves, The Dark Angel
She was born on April 22, 1923.
On December 11, 2008, she passed away following a heart attack at the age of 85 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery, Westwood, Los Angeles, California, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
She resided in California in her early adult years before moving to New York City.
Bettie Page studied at Hume-Fogg High School and was voted “Girl Most Likely to Succeed”. Page graduated as the salutatorian of her high school class with a scholarship on June 6, 1940, and then got enrolled at George Peabody College (later part of Vanderbilt University), with the intention of becoming a teacher. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1944.
- Father – Walter Roy Page
- Mother – Edna Mae (Pirtle)
- Siblings – Jack Page (Brother), Joyce Wallace (Sister). Bettie had 3 more siblings.
- Others – John Benton Page (Paternal Grandfather), Emily Corilla Pardue (Paternal Grandmother), Ewing Wesley Pirtle (Maternal Grandfather), Liza/Eliza Jennie Pugh (Maternal Grandmother)
Bettie Page signed with Mark Roesler and his Curtis Management Group (later CMG Worldwide) in 1993.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $20 Million.
5 ft 5½ in or 166.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bettie Page had dated –
- William E. Neal (1943-1947)
- Carlos Garcia Arrese (1946-1948) – She was romantically involved with Carlos Garcia Arrese between 1946 and 1948.
- Richard Arbib – Bettie went out with industrial designer Richard Arbib in the 1950s.
- Jerry Tibbs (1950) – It was RUMORed that she had an encounter with NYPD Officer Jerry Tibbs in 1950. She met him while walking along the Coney Island shore and he was the one who suggested she would be a good pin-up model.
- Charles West (1952-1953) – She was involved with advisor Charles West from 1952 to 1953.
- Sammy Davis Jr. (1952) – Actor Sammy Davis Jr. hooked up with Page in 1952.
- Armond Walterson (1958-1963) – On November 6, 1958, she got married to Armond Walterson and they divorced on October 10, 1963.
- Harry Lear (1966-1972) – She married Harry Lear on February 14, 1966, and this marriage also ended in divorce on January 18, 1972.
Race / Ethnicity
Bettie Page was of English, Scottish, Irish, German, and French descent.
- Shoulder-to-armpit-length hair with short bangs
- Curvy physique
- Sparkling eyes
She converted to evangelical Christianity in 1959 and studied at Bible colleges in Los Angeles and Portland, Oregon, with the intention of becoming a missionary.
Bettie Page Favorite Things
- Female Actor Of All Time – Bette Davis in Dark Victory (1939)
Source – IMDb
Bettie Page Facts
- Her parents divorced when she was 10 years old.
- She was the 2nd of 6 children born to her parents.
- Facing difficulty in caring for her children, her mother placed Page, at 10, and her two sisters in a Protestant orphanage for a year.
- Bettie Page stated that her father started s*xually abusing her when she was 13 years old.
- In 2008, Playboy founder Hugh Hefner stated to the Associated Press, “I think that she was a remarkable lady, an iconic figure in pop culture who influenced s*xuality, taste in fashion, someone who had a tremendous impact on our society.”
- A minor planet 184784 is named for her.
- Bettie Page played the guitar and the piano.
Featured Image by CMG Worldwide / CMG Worldwide / CC BY-SA 3.0