|Bill Weld Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1945|
Bill Weld is an American attorney, businessman, author, and politician who is known for being the 68th Governor of Massachusetts, serving the office from 1991 to 1997, as well as for running for the Republican nomination for President of the United States of America in 2020.
William Floyd Weld
Bill, Big Red
Smithtown, Suffolk County, New York, United States
Canton, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, United States
Bill Weld studied at Middlesex School located in Concord, Massachusetts. Later, he graduated with an AB summa cum laude in Classics from Harvard College in 1966.
Afterward, he got enrolled at University College, Oxford and studied Economics. He also received a JD cum laude from Harvard Law School in 1970.
Attorney, Businessman, Author, Politician
- Father – David Low Weld (1911–1972) (Investment Banker)
- Mother – Mary Nichols Weld (1913–1986)
- Siblings – Francis “Tim” Weld (Brother), David Weld (brother), and Anne (Married name Collins) (Sister)
- Others – Francis Minot Weld, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret Low White (Paternal Grandmother), John Treadwell Nichols (Maternal Grandfather) (Ichthyologist, Ornithologist), Cornelia DuBois Floyd (Maternal Grandmother), General Stephen Minot Weld Jr. (Distant Cousin) (Horticulturalist, Prominent United States Army officer of the American Civil War), John Nichols (First Cousin) (Novelist), Tuesday Weld (Fourth Cousin) (Retired Actress)
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bill Weld has dated –
- Susan Roosevelt (1975-2002) – On June 7, 1975, he got married to Susan Roosevelt Weld, the great-granddaughter of Theodore Roosevelt and a former professor at Harvard. They parent 5 children – David Minot (b. 1976) (professor of physics at the University of California, Santa Barbara), Ethel Derby (b. 1977) (physician), Mary Blake (b. 1979) (attorney), Quentin Roosevelt (b. 1981) (attorney), and Frances Wylie (b. 1983) (has worked for the San Francisco Giants). Bill Weld and Susan Roosevelt divorced in 2002.
- Leslie Marshall (2003-Present) – He married journalist, magazine editor, and novelist, Leslie Marshall, on June 14, 2003, in Bellport, New York.
Race / Ethnicity
Bill Weld is of English, Dutch, Welsh, French, and Scottish descent.
- Towering height
- Deep-set eyes
Bill Weld Facts
- He comes from the distinguished Weld family and 2 buildings at Harvard College are named for the family.
- His mother was a descendant of William Floyd, a politician as well as a signer of the U.S. Declaration of Independence.
- Bill Weld has been a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- He publicly came in support of the legal recognition for same-s*x marriage in an amicus brief submitted to the U.S. Supreme Court in February 2013.
- He also served as the principal for Leeds, Weld & Co., a private equity firm.
- Bill Weld has authored books like Mackerel by Moonlight (1999), Big Ugly (2002), and Stillwater (2003).
- He has appeared on shows such as The Daily Show with Trevor Noah and Morning Joe.
- He has also gained a decent social media fan base with more than 150k followers on Facebook and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
Bill Weld is 6’3”. One of my friends met him in person.