|Bobbi Brown Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 14, 1957|
Bobbi Brown is an American makeup artist and businesswoman known for being the founder of the popular makeup brand, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. She has done endorsement work for brands like Coty Aspen. Bobbi has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on Twitter, and more than 30k followers on Facebook.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
New Jersey, United States
Bobbi Brown went to the New Trier High School. After graduating from high school, she got enrolled at the University of Wisconsin. She later moved to the University of Arizona.
Then, she shifted to the Emerson College in Boston and graduated with a degree in theatrical makeup. She also earned a minor in photography.
Makeup Artist, Businesswoman
- Father – Joe Brown (Lawyer)
- Mother – Sandra Cain
- Siblings – Mike Brown (Brother), Lisa Arrandt (Sister). Overall, she has 5 siblings.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bobbi Brown has dated –
- Steven Plofker (1988-Present) – Bobbi Brown first met Steven Plofker, who works as an attorney and real estate developer, at a dinner with friends at an upscale restaurant in SoHo. By the end of the date, she knew that she was going to marry him. About 3 months after their date, they got engaged. In September 1988, they got married in a romantic and intimate wedding ceremony. They have 3 sons together – Dylan (b. 1990), Dakota (b. 1993), and Duke (b. 1997).
Race / Ethnicity
- Prominent nose
- Narrow face
- High cheekbones
Bobbi Brown has served as a face of Coty Aspen perfume for women.
Best Known For
- Being the founder of the iconic makeup and beauty brand, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.
- Having written more than half a dozen books on beauty and makeup.
First TV Show
In September 2000, Bobbi Brown made her first TV show appearance on the popular talk series, The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Bobbi Brown is very particular about her workout regime. She makes sure that she starts her day with some form of exercise. Her preferred option is yoga but she doesn’t mind going for a run as well. She is also a huge fan of spinning. However, the length of her workout session varies. If she is busy, she reduces her workout session to 30 minutes.
Bobbi complements her fitness regime by following a healthy and balanced diet. She has also made sure that her diet is loaded with food rich in omega-3 such as almonds, salmon, olive oil, and walnuts. She also eats fruits and vegetables with high water content such as cucumber, watermelon, and dark leafy greens. Plus, she makes sure that filling foods such as chia seeds are also included in her daily diet.
Bobbi Brown Favorite Things
- Healthy Meal – Grilled fish with lemon, steamed veggies, and a baked sweet potato
- Unhealthy Meal – French Fries, Croissant, and Pasta
- Skincare Brands And Products – Extra Balm, NuFace, Soothing Cleansing Oil, Instant Detox, Skin Nourish, and Radiance Boost
- Makeup Brands And Products – Concealer and Corrector, Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner, Aruba, Pot Rouge, and Eye-Opening Mascara
- Body Wash – Magno
- Fragrance – Chanel No. 5, Bobbi’s Party, Je Reviens, Neroli Portofino, and Cristalle
- Hair Brands And Products – Oribe, Bumble and Bumble, Olaplex, Harry Josh, Natural Brow Shaper and Hair Touch
Source – Glamour, Into The Gloss
Bobbi Brown Facts
- After completing her college studies, she stayed in Boston for a year and worked as a waitress. She then moved to New York City and started working as a makeup artist.
- In 2013, she was inducted into the New Jersey Hall of Fame in recognition of her services to the enterprise.
- In 1991, she collaborated with a chemist to launch a collection of lipsticks under the label of Bobbi Brown Essentials. The collection was first sold at Bergdorf Goodman in New York City.
- Her brand was bought by Estée Lauder in 1995. However, she retained complete creative control of the makeup line.
- In 2007, the first freestanding Bobbi Brown Cosmetics retail store was inaugurated in Montclair, New Jersey. By January 2014, the company had opened 35 such retail stores.
- In December 2016, it was announced that she was going to step down from the position of CCO of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.
- On International Women’s Day in 2013, she helmed Bobbi Brown’s launch of the Pretty Powerful Campaign for Women & Girls. Through the campaign, the company sought to support organizations that aimed to empower girls and women through education and job skills training programs.
- Visit her official website @ justbobbi.com.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Yahoo / Flickr / CC BY-2.0