|G Herbo Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1995|
G Herbo is an American rapper and songwriter who rose to fame with the 2012 song Kill Sh*t, which was released when he was just 17 years old. Over the next few years, he flourished in his music career, releasing numerous EPs, studio albums, and mixtapes. He is close friends and collaborates frequently with fellow Chicago rapper Lil Bibby, both artists being associated with the N.L.M.B. (Never Leave My Brothers/No Limit Muskegon Boys) family/brotherhood.
Herbert Randall Wright III
G Herbo, Lil Herb, Swervo
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
G Herbo attended primary and secondary schools in Chicago but dropped out at the age of 16 to pursue a career in music.
- Siblings – Brandi Penelope (Younger Sister)
He is represented by –
- Erin Larsen, Booking Agent, Paradigm Talent Agency, Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Theresa Ashford, Press Relations/Publicist, Red Music, New York Cty, New York, United States
- Machine Entertainment Group, Chicago, Illinois, United States
Hip Hop, Rap
- Machine Entertainment Group
- Cinematic Music Group
- Epic Records
- 150 Dream Team
- RED Music
- 808 Mafia
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
G Herbo has dated –
- Ariana Fletcher (2015–2018) – G Herbo started dating Chicago-based business professional Ariana Fletcher in early 2015. They have a son together named Yosohn (b. April 2018) but were separated following the birth of their child. He was arrested in April 2019 for a simple battery after Ariana alleged that he physically assaulted her and drove off with their son. A week later, he was released on a USD 2k bail.
- Taina Williams (2018-Present) – G Herbo started dating American model Taina Williams in September 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Both arms and torso covered in tattoos
- Sports a thin mustache
- Short-cropped hair
- Wears ear studs
- Wears a locket marked ‘HERBO’
G Herbo has served as the global ambassador for the wine and spirits brand, Luc Belaire.
Christianity and Judaism (Black Hebrew Israelites)
G Herbo Favorite Things
- Sport– Basketball
- Comic Book Superhero – Batman
- Chocolate Brand – Twix
- Movie Genre – Horror
- Movie – It (2017)
- Rappers – Jay Z, Project Pat
G Herbo Facts
- He grew up in an area of Chicago’s eastern side that has been dubbed as ‘Terror Town’ due to the rampant crime and violence in its neighborhood. This brutal environment motivated him to pursue a music career and give a voice to underprivileged kids.
- He has stated that his musical direction has been influenced by artists and rappers such as Meek Mill, Jeezy, Gucci Mane, Yo Gotti, and Lil Wayne.
- His first mixtape titled Welcome to Fazoland (2014) was named in honor of his friend Fazon Robinson. Fazon was killed in a gun violence incident in Chicago. The album received universal critical acclaim.
- His 3rd mixtape titled Ballin Like I’m Kobe (2015) was again named in honor of a gun violence victim, his friend Jacobi D. Herring.
- In June 2015, he was ignored by the popular hip-hop magazine XXL, when they announced their annual “Freshman Class” list which features 10 young artists to watch out for. Irked by this, G Herbo released a single titled XXL.
- XXL magazine responded with glowing praises of his efforts and subsequently included him in its 2016 “Freshman Class” list.
- In September 2015, he signed a contract with the label Cinematic Music Group and changed his stage name from Lil Herb to G Herbo.
- He has been active in his aim to keep youngsters away from the dangerous street life of Chicago. In his effort in that direction, he has contributed to the redevelopment of the local Anthony Overton Elementary School. His objective is to fund free programs and equipment that could help youngsters get inspired in the field of music.
- In February 2018, he was arrested on the charges of “aggravated unlawful use of a weapon” with two other men, after his driver informed the police that the trio was carrying firearms without owners’ identification cards.
- G Herbo was included in the 2021 Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list of musicians.
Featured Image by G Herbo / Instagram