Yo Gotti, Lil Yo
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Yo Gotti wanted to attend Tennessee State University but his application was rejected. So, he instead got enrolled at the Southwest Tennessee Community College with an intention of eventually getting transferred to Tennessee State. However, he had to drop out to focus on his rap career.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Geraldine Mims
- Siblings – Anthony Mims (Older Brother)
Yo Gotti is signed up with Richard De La Font Agency, Inc.
Collective, Epic Records, and Roc Nation
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
According to reports, Yo Gotti has got two baby mamas (mother of his child/children). One of them lives in Memphis (Gotti’s hometown and his city of residence) and the other one lives in Atlanta. He is the father of three children, a boy, and two girls.
His second baby mama is known by the name of Jammie Moses and has 1 child with her.
He was reportedly married to Lakeisha Mims (with whom he has 2 children) but later applied for divorce.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short cropped hairstyle
- Loves wearing thick gold or silver chains
Yo Gotti has done endorsement work for –
- Childsplay Clothing
- Hood America
- PRIVE Restaurant & Lounge
- Pure Atlanta
- Rocksmith Clothing
Best Known For
- The success of his 7th studio album, The Art of Hustle, which managed to sneak into the 4th position on the Billboard 200.
- The critical acclaim garnered by his studio album, I Am, which managed to bag the best album of the year nomination at BET Hip Hop Awards.
- Having collaborated with well-known artists such as Meghan Trainor, Nicki Minaj, and Lil Wayne.
In 1996, he released his debut studio album, Youngsta’s on a Come Up in the cassette format. It didn’t chart anywhere.
In 2011, Yo Gotti made his film debut in a guest role in the drama flick, Video Girl.
First TV Show
In August 2009, Gotti made his first TV show appearance as himself in New Faces of Hip Hop episode of music TV series, Check It Out! Video.
Yo Gotti Favorite Things
- Color – White
- Musical Influences – Eightball & MJG, Kingpin Skinny Pimp, Gangsta Black, Triple 6 Mafia and Al Kapone
Source – Dub Magazine, Last.FM
Yo Gotti Facts
- In 2017, he developed a beef with fellow rapper Young Dolph after he rapped about sleeping with Gotti’s baby mama.
- He was raised in notorious North Memphis neighborhood called Frazier. The neighborhood is infamous for poverty, gang violence, and drug trade.
- Yo Gotti is a founder of the record label, Collective Music Group, which was earlier called Cocaine Muzik Group. He is the CEO and president of the label.
- Visit his official website @ yogottimusic.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, YouTube VEVO, SoundCloud, Myspace, Google+, and iTunes.