|Brenna Huckaby Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 22, 1996|
Brenna Huckaby is an American gymnast, snowboarder, athlete, and speaker who is well-known for winning gold medals in the snowboard cross and banked slalom at the 2018 Winter Paralympics. Initially, as a child, she was interested in gymnastics and also managed to become a national level gymnast while she was in school. However, after having been diagnosed with osteosarcoma in 2010, she had to choose something other than gymnastics to pursue a career in. So, after getting done with her amputation surgery on her right leg and getting a prosthetic leg, she decided to march forward in life and branch out as a snowboarder. She trained at the National Ability Center where her trainers initially advised her to give skiing a try. Soon after, Brenna Huckaby relocated from Lousiana to Salt Lake City, Utah to practice as a snowboarder and chose to stick to snowboarding. Her life also changed for good after she gave birth to her daughter, Lilah, despite the doctors previously telling her that she might not be able to conceive but destiny had other plans for Brenna and she considers giving birth to her daughter the biggest achievement of her life followed by her achievements in snowboarding. She also set a record by appearing in Sports Illustrated‘s 2018 Swimsuit issue and becoming the first Paralympian to appear in the magazine. Brenna Huckaby has also amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Brenna Huckaby studied in Jordan High School located in Sandy, Utah.
Snowboarder, Athlete, Speaker, Gymnast
- Father – Jeffry Huckaby
- Mother – Kristie Huckaby
- Siblings – Jordan Huckaby (Brother), Jeremy Huckaby (Brother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Brenna Huckaby has dated –
- Tristan Clegg – Brenna Huckaby is in a loving relationship with snowboarder Tristan Clegg. The couple has been together for quite a while now and got engaged in January 2018 and also parent a daughter named Lilah who was born in 2016. The birth of their daughter came almost like a miracle as the doctors have previously told Brenna that she might not be able to conceive in her life.
Race / Ethnicity
She often highlights her hair in different colors like ‘purple’, ‘blue’, and ‘blonde’.
- Pentagonal face
- Toned physique
- A tattoo around her collarbone
Brenna Huckaby has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands such as BioDapt, aerie, and REBBL.
Best Known For
- Winning gold medals in the snowboard cross and banked slalom at the 2018 Winter Paralympics
- Being the first ever Paralympian to appear in the magazine, Sports Illustrated, in their 2018 Swimsuit issue
Brenna Huckaby works out on a regular basis to maintain her health for the coming snowboarding events. She trains rigorously and performs exercises like split jerks, pull-ups, deadlifts, and push-ups apart from her regular training as an athlete.
View this post on Instagram
I just love pull ups 😊 Team USA is putting in work at this beautiful facility! Did you know my fake leg weighs less than my real leg… HOWEVER… my little leg has to take over the weight. So even though it’s lighter, it’s still 20 pounds of dead weight. This makes pull ups just a smidge harder because I have to use a little bit more core. The more you know 🤸🏻♂️
Brenna Huckaby Favorite Things
- TV Show – Shameless
Source – Team USA
Brenna Huckaby Facts
- Before venturing to pursue a career in snowboarding, she has been a national level gymnast.
- Brenna Huckaby was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, a cancerous tumor in a bone, in 2010. Because of this, she had to get her right leg amputated and later got a prosthetic leg.
- The amputation of her right leg changed her life to a great extent and her career as a gymnast ended and she soon discovered her calling for snowboarding.
- She was 15 years old when she learned snowboarding at the National Ability Center and then, she shifted base from Lousiana to Salt Lake City, Utah and finally started participating in competitions in 2013.
- Initially, Brenna Huckaby’s trainers at the National Ability Center wanted her to try her hand in skiing. However, despite their suggestions, Brenna chose to stick to snowboarding.
- It was the year 2015 when she won her first world championship in snowboarding.
- In 2017, she became a world champion in both snowboard-cross and banked slalom.
- She likes spending her leisure time by indulging in activities such as hiking, biking, and playing with her daughter.
- Brenna Huckaby considers giving birth to her daughter, Lilah, as her biggest achievement which is followed by her winning the Paralympic gold medals.
- She is a very organized person who prefers to plan out the coming day in advance. It helps her to achieve her smaller day-to-day goals while requiring just a few extra minutes to plan in return.
- If a situation arises where she could bring only 3 things with her, Brenna Huckaby would probably bring coconut oil, Tony Chachere’s Cajun Seasoning, and ground coffee beans.
- She harbors a great interest in the culinary arts.
- Brenna Huckaby has also served as a gymnastics judge.
- She believes that if one puts in absolute hard work and sheer dedication in their work, then he/she can achieve anything regardless of the barriers that might come through their way.
- She takes inspiration from the former Russian American artistic gymnast, Nastia Liukin.
- Follow Brenna Huckaby on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Brenna Huckaby / Instagram