|Brett Davern Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 16, 1983|
Brett Davern is an American actor who was born and raised in Washington and then moved to Los Angeles. Brett’s role as Jake Rosati in Awkward (2011) won him the People’s Choice Award in 2013. Brett has also worked in movies like Beautiful Ohio (2006), The Pool Boys (2009), Case 219 (2010) and Junk (2012). He has appeared on TV shows like CSI: Miami (2008), In Plain Sight (2009), Medium (2010) and Shameless (2016). Brett is active on Instagram with more than 400k followers.
Edmonds, Washington, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Brett studied at Madrona Elementary School. For high school, he joined Edmonds-Woodway High School.
Later, he also took theatre classes at Stagedoor Manor Theatrical Training Center in upstate New York. In 2001, he enrolled at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York City.
- Father – Tim Davern
- Mother – Vicki Davern
- Siblings – Brian (Younger Brother)
Brett is represented by Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brett has dated –
- Ashley Rickards – Brett dated his Awkward co-star Ashley for a brief period of time in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
Brett is of American descent.
He appeared in a TV commercial for Burger King in 2016.
Best Known For
His role as Jake Rosati on MTV series Awkward (2011-2016)
He made his feature film debut as William in the comedy film Beautiful Ohio in 2006 alongside actor William Hurt.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut on the drama series CSI: Miami in 2008 as Justin Marsh.
Brett Davern Favorite Things
- Bands – Fun., Kings Of Leon
- Magazines – Teen Vogue
- Movies – Biographical movies
- Sport – Football, Soccer, Baseball
Brett Davern Facts
- He has worked in shows like CSI: Miami, Medium, NCIS, In Plain Sight, and Cold Case before he landed up with a role in Awkward.
- In 2013, Brett participated in the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race at the Grand Prix of Long Beach for fundraising of ‘Racing for Kids’. Racing for Kids helps multiple hospitals in Southern California.
- Growing up, Brett performed in local theatre at Edmonds.
- He earned a scholarship at Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Training Center.
- Amongst many others, popular actors like Robert Downey Jr. and Natalie Portman are the alumni of Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Training Center.
- He loves snowboarding and wakeboarding.
- Before he started his actual career, he worked in commercials and educational films.
- He worked in a couple of anti-bullying videos, where he played the kid who got bullied.
- Due to his dire need of money, he started working as an assistant to his manager whom he met at ADMA (American Musical and Dramatic Academy). He used to answer calls for him. Once his manager used to leave the office, Brett would project himself under a fake name in order to search for a job.
- When he landed a role in Awkward, people used to ask him “How did you end up with this role?” He jokingly used to answer “Well this is awkward.”
- Amongst many others, he likes listening to old music like The Temptations.
- He spends many summers with his good friend as well as co-star Beau Mirchoff on an annual boat trip, an RV that holds around 20 people. They have been going to Las Vegas and other parts of Nevada.
- He used to play football in his freshman year but got kicked out because he was short. That’s when he found his way to the theatre.
- He took 3 choir classes in his senior year.
- His senior yearbook quote was “Go dream your life, live your dreams”.
- Find him on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Brett Davern / Twitter