|Brett Young Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1981|
Brett Young is an American singer and songwriter best known for his work in the country music genre. He has released the albums On Fire (2013), Broken Down (2013), Brett Young (2017), and Ticket to L.A. (2018). The last 2 of those albums had peaked at number 2 and 1, respectively, on the US Country music charts. Several of his singles including Sleep Without You (2016), In Case You Didn’t Know (2017), Like I Loved You (2017), Mercy (2018), Here Tonight (2018), and Catch (2019) have peaked within the ‘Top 5’ of the US Country music charts.
Brett Charles Young
Anaheim, Orange County, California, United States
Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
Brett had attended the Calvary Chapel High School in Costa Mesa, California. He had then joined The University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) on a baseball scholarship in 1999. In 2000, after a season there, he had taken a transfer to the Irvine Valley College in California. Again, after just one season, he had taken another transfer, this time to California State University, Fresno (Fresno State).
- Father – Bradley C. Young
- Mother – Janice I. Young (née Munns)
- Others – Robert William Young (Paternal Grandfather), Bonnie Lea Nolze (Paternal Grandmother)
- BMLG (Big Machine Label Group) Records
- Brett Young
- Rutherford Entertainment
- Ola Vista Music
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
104 kg or 229 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brett has dated –
- Taylor Mills (2018–Present) – Brett got engaged to Taylor Mills in February 2018 and the couple got married in a ceremony in Palm Desert, California, on November 3, 2018. They have 2 daughters together named Presley (b. October 2019) and Rowan Marie Young (b. July 21, 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, German, 1/32 Norwegian, and distant Scots-Irish/Northern Irish and Scottish descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a stubble
- Has his left arm covered in tattoos
- Has the phrase ‘if it feels like home, follow its path’ tattooed on his right forearm
Brett Young Facts
- Brett’s first encounter with live singing was purely accidental. In the late 1990s, at his high school, he had filled in for the leader of a band, who could not make it to the venue, during a Christian worship meeting.
- His first love though was baseball. He was a highly talented and skilled pitcher and had led his high school baseball team to a CIF (California Interscholastic Federation) championship. He had joined The University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) after turning down pre-draft selection offers from 2 well-known professional MLB (Major League Baseball) teams – the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and the Minnesota Twins.
- In the one season (2000) that he spent at The University of Mississippi, he had earned a varsity letter and posted 2 wins and 2 saves for the Ole Miss Rebels, the university’s intercollegiate athletic team. He had again lettered in his one season at Irvine Valley College. His promising pursuit for a career in professional baseball was unfortunately cut short in 2003 by a severe elbow injury while he was at California State University, Fresno.
- In 2018, he had won the ‘New Male Vocalist of the Year’ award at the Academy of Country Music Awards.
Featured Image by Brett Young / Instagram