|Brian Doyle-Murray Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 31, 1945|
Brian Doyle-Murray is a successful American actor, voice actor, comedian, and screenwriter. He is known for his roles in Caddyshack, Scrooged, Groundhog Day, The Razor’s Edge, SpongeBob SquarePants, Sullivan & Son, The Middle, My Gym Partner’s a Monkey, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Ghostbusters II, Get a Life, Bakersfield P.D., Between Brothers, and The Buzz on Maggie. He studied at Saint Mary’s College of California in Moraga, California.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Brian Doyle-Murray studied in Saint Mary’s College of California in Moraga, California.
Actor, Voice Actor, Comedian, Screenwriter
- Father – Edward J. Murray II (Lumber Salesman)
- Mother – Lucille Murray (Mail Room Clerk)
- Siblings – Ed Murray (Older Brother) (Businessman), Andy Murray (Younger Brother) (Chef), Bill Murray (Younger Brother) (Actor), John Murray (Younger Brother) (Actor), Joel Murray (Younger Brother) (Actor), Nancy Murray (Sister). He has 2 other siblings.
- Others – Edward Joseph Murray (Paternal Grandfather), Andrew William Murray (Paternal Great Grandfather), Catherine/Katherine Holden (Paternal Great Grandmother), Margaret Mary Hogan (Paternal Grandmother), Martin Joseph Hogan II (Paternal Great Grandfather), Mary Burns (Paternal Great Grandmother), John Baptist Collins (Maternal Grandfather), John Joachim Collins (Maternal Great Grandfather), Elizabeth Lawler (Maternal Great Grandmother), Mary Agnes Doyle (Maternal Grandmother), Thomas Doyle (Maternal Great Grandfather ), Elizabeth (Maternal Great Grandmother), Homer Murray (Nephew), Luke Murray (Nephew), Eliza Coyle (Sister-In-Law)
Brian Doyle-Murray is managed by Abrams Artists Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brian Doyle-Murray has dated –
- Christina Stauffer – Brian was in a relationship with Christina Stauffer. The couple tied the knot on August 28, 2000. He married her quite late in his life at the age of 55.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
- Bald on the crown of the head
- Keeps a mustache
Best Known For
His numerous roles in films and TV series including Caddyshack (1980) as Lou Loomis, Scrooged (1988) as Earl Cross, Groundhog Day (1993) as Buster Green, The Razor’s Edge (1984) as Piedmont, SpongeBob SquarePants (1999-2018) as The Flying Dutchman, Sullivan & Son (2012–2014) as Hank Murphy, and The Middle (2009-2017) as Don Ehlert
In 1972, he made his theatrical film debut in the action-comedy film Fuzz as the Detective.
In 1975, he made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor in the English version of the animated adventure film Tarzoon: Shame of the Jungle as Charles of the Pits #1.
First TV Show
In 1969, he made his TV show debut on Playboy After Dark. However, he was uncredited for his role.
In 1975, he made his first credited TV show appearance on the musical comedy series Saturday Night Live with Howard Cosell.
In April 1996, he lent his voice for the character of Agnes Delrooney in the animated adventure TV series Duckman: Private Dick/Family Man.
Brian Doyle-Murray Facts
- He added his grandmother’s maiden name, “Doyle” to avoid confusion with Brian Murray.
- He appeared in 2 different roles in 2 different movies in the “Vacation” series of Vacation (1983) and Christmas Vacation (1989).
- His brother Ed and Andy runs the Murray Brothers CaddyShack restaurant that is located in the World Golf Village resort near St. Augustine, Florida.
- Some of his writing credits include Extra Innings (2017), The Sweet Spot (2002), Club Paradise (1986), Saturday Night Live (1978-1982), Caddyshack (1980), and Saturday Night Live with Howard Cosell (1975)
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Brian Doyle-Murray / Twitter