|6lack Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 24, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
6lack is an American singer known for his popular singles like Prblms, Bless Me, Grab the Wheel, and That Far. He has done endorsement work for various brands like Apple Music. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram, more than 500k followers on Twitter, and more than 500k followers on Facebook.
Ricardo Valdez Valentine
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
After the completion of his high school education, 6lack got enrolled at the Valdosta State University. However, he dropped out of the university to focus on his music career.
Singer, Songwriter, Rapper
- Siblings – He has 2 younger siblings.
6lack is represented by LoveRenaissance, LLC.
R&B, Trap, Alternative R&B, Hip-hop
- Interscope Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
6lack has dated –
- Jaycina Almond – 6lack has previously dated model Jaycina Almond. Jaycina gave birth to their daughter Syx in February 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
- Often wears a bandana
6lack appeared in a commercial for Apple Music in 2017.
Best Known For
- The commercial success of his single Prblms, which was eventually certified as ‘Platinum’.
- The popularity of his single, Cutting Ties, which managed to reach as high as the 19th spot on the US R&B charts.
In November 2016, he released his debut studio album, Free 6lack, which managed to peak at the 5th spot on the US Rap charts. It was also certified as ‘Gold’ by RIAA.
First TV Show
In 2017, 6lack made his first TV show appearance as himself on the comedy talk show, The Late Late Show with James Corden.
6lack Favorite Things
- Battle Rapper – Cassidy
- Place To Record – No Excuses studio in L.A
- He got obsessed with battle rapping while he was studying in middle school. He used to spend most of the time in school freestyling and putting his skills to test with anyone good enough.
- 6lack has opted to put number 6 in his moniker because it is his life path number. It is also an homage to the Zone 6 neighborhood of Atlanta, where he grew up. Also, his name is pronounced as ‘Black.’
- Before his rap career took off, he was involved in a car accident in Florida as the driver fell asleep which led to the car spinning on the road and eventually flipping into a ditch by the road. He managed to escape without any major injuries.
- He got viral attention on the social media after Kylie Jenner uploaded a Snapchat video with his single Prblms playing in the background.
- After he dropped out of college, he got a deal from Flo Rida‘s IMG Strongarm label and moved to Miami, where he had to struggle a lot financially. He had to sleep in the studio on some nights, while on others, he had to sleep outside.
- In his interviews, he has called his time with IMG Strongarm as a jail as he was forced to create a music that they felt would deliver hit music but he had other artistic ideas. He spent 5 unfruitful years with the record label before ending the deal in 2016.
- He learned how to sing on his own by listening to Usher and Sade’s songs.
- His family moved from Baltimore to Atlanta in 1997. He was 4 years old at that time.
- Visit his official website @ free6lack.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and SoundCloud.
Featured Image by 6lack / Instagram