|Cassidy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 7, 1982|
Cassidy is an American rapper and actor known for releasing popular albums like Split Personality, I’m a Hustla, and B.A.R.S. The Barry Adrian Reese Story. He has done endorsement work for popular brands like Diet Coke, Sony, and BlackBerry. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 300k followers on Twitter. His self-titled YouTube channel has more than 50k subscribers.
Barry Adrian Reese
Cassidy, The Hustler
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
He attended Central High School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Actor, Rapper, Songwriter
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Cassidy’s personal team handles his representation work.
- Twenty Two Recordings
- Ruff Ryders Entertainment
- E1 Music
- Full Surface
- J Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Barry Reese has dated –
- Kat Stacks – Cassidy reportedly had a fling with the hip-hop groupie Kat Stacks in the past. The fling was confirmed by Stacks, who also hinted that Cassidy has AIDS.
- Reggae Ratchet – As per his Instagram feed, Cassidy seems to be in a relationship with a music artist named Reggae Ratchet. He often posts pictures of them together with captions such as “Power Couple” and “Family”.
Race / Ethnicity
- Often wears a baseball cap
- Loves wearing thick chains and shiny jewelry
Barry Reese has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Bates Hat
- Diet Coke
- Ermenegildo Zegna
In 2007, he was made the brand ambassador of Lot 29‘s fall clothing line.
Also, after he remade Psy’s Gangnam Style as a single with the title, C*#dom Style in 2012, he was handed a lucrative endorsement deal with the popular c*#dom brand, Trojan.
He is a devout Christian and often credits his close relationship with God for getting him through tough times.
Best Known For
- The commercial success of his studio album, I’m a Hustla, which sold around 93k copies within the first week and managed to reach the 5th position on US Billboard 200.
- The popularity of his third studio album, B.A.R.S. The Barry Adrian Reese Story, which was ranked as the 10th most anticipated album of 2007 by XXL Magazine. The album peaked at the 2nd spot on the U.S. Billboard Top Rap Albums chart.
In March 2004, he released his debut studio album, Split Personality. The album was an immense success, selling over 118k records in the 1st week and earning ‘gold’ certification after having crossed 500k sales in the US.
In 2007, he made his theatrical film debut in the crime drama movie, American Gangster. However, his appearance wasn’t credited in the movie.
His first credited film appearance came in the action comedy film, Next Day Air, which was released in May 2009.
First TV Show
In 2005, he made his first TV show appearance in Orlando Jones episode of the comedy TV series, Wild ‘N Out.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Cassidy Favorite Things
- Sports – Boxing
- Authors – Donald Goines, Terry Woods
- Influences – Tupac, Will Smith, Stevie Wonder, The Notorious B.I.G.
Source – Hip-Hop Wired, AXS
- While growing up, he had no intentions to become a rapper. He started rapping with his cousins as a hobby.
- In 2013, he got into a very public feud with rapper Meek Mill after having accused Meek of being responsible for the death of one of his colleagues. He also dissed him in his song Catch Fire.
- In April 2005, Cassidy and two of his colleagues opened fire on 3 unarmed men after an argument at West Oak Lane neighborhood in Northwest Philadelphia. One of them named Desmond Hawkins died due to a gunshot in the back and his two other friends had to be admitted to hospital.
- In June 2005, an arrest warrant was issued against Cassidy as he was charged with aggravated assault, murder, and an attempted murder amongst other criminal charges. He surrendered to the police about a week after the issuing of an arrest warrant. He was eventually convicted of possession of a weapon that was used for crime, 2 counts of aggravated assault, and involuntary manslaughter.
- In March 2006, he was released from Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility in Pennsylvania after having served 8 months in prison.
- In October 2006, he was involved in a serious accident as the SUV he was traveling in collided with a commercial truck. He had suffered a fractured skull and also broke several bones on the left side of his face.
- In November 2017, he was arrested in Jersey City after the cops found a bag of weed, a grinder, and a joint in his parked van. He was eventually charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and pot possession.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube, and MySpace.
Featured Image by Cassidy / Instagram