|Ashlee Simpson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1984|
Ashlee Simpson is an American singer, songwriter, actress, dancer, voiceover artist, and producer whose career began by working as a back-up dancer for her sister Jessica Simpson. Eventually, Ashlee went on to appear in a number of shows and movies such as The Ashlee Simpson Show, Melrose Place, Ashlee + Evan, Malcolm in the Middle, The Hot Chick, 7th Heaven, Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica, The Kelly Slater Celebrity Surf Invitational, Loose Women, Dog Whisperer, Pawn Shop Chronicles, and CSI: NY. As a musician, she released her debut studio album, Autobiography, on July 20, 2004, and her other albums include I Am Me and Bittersweet World.
Ashlee Nicole Simpson
Also Known As
Waco, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ashlee went to Prairie Creek Elementary School and Richardson North Junior High in Texas.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Dancer, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Joseph Truett “Joe” Simpson (Former psychologist and now Baptist youth minister)
- Mother – Tina Ann (née Drew) (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Jessica Simpson (Older Sister) (Singer, Actress, Fashion Designer, Author)
- Others – Curtis Thaddeus Simpson (Paternal Grandfather), Joyce Alice Adams (Paternal Grandmother), Acy Edward Drew, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Dorothy Jane/Jean Hyles (Maternal Grandmother), Maxwell Drew Johnson (Niece), Ace Knute Johnson (Nephew), Birdie Mae Johnson (Niece)
Ashlee’s manager has been her father, Joe Simpson.
She has also been repped by LINK Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Pop, Pop-rock, Pop Punk, R&B
Geffen Records, First Access
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriends / Spouse
Ashlee Simpson has dated –
- Josh Henderson (2002-2003) – Ashlee dated actor Josh from January 2002 until mid-2003. Their relationship’s end was also featured on the premiere episode of the reality television show “The Ashlee Simpson Show”.
- Carson Daly (2003) – She dated briefly with actor Carson Daly from July to August 2003. They first met during Paul Schindler’s Central Park wedding in July 2003. Later in August, they were spotted kissing and holding hands.
- Gregory Smith (2003-2004) – Actor Gregory and Ashlee dated from November 2003 until February 2004.
- Tyler Hoechlin (2004) – The 6 ft tall actor Tyler Hoechlin dated Simpson in the first quarter of 2004.
- Nick Carter (2004) – She was rumored to be dating singer, dancer, and actor, Nick Carter, in 2004.
- Ryan Cabrera (2004-2005) – The musicians Ryan and Ashlee had fun dating each other for a year until early 2005.
- Wilmer Valderrama (2005) – During 2005, the two of these were rumored to be dating together. She also wrote a song titled “Boyfriend”, which was about her time with Wilmer. He also revealed during Howard Stern‘s show that they both are good friends and she is also very loud in bed.
- Braxton Olita (2005-2006) – Ashlee and Olita, a member of her backing band started dating towards the end of 2005. They also went on a 10-day Hawaii vacation. The duo separated in mid-2006.
- Pete Wentz (2006-2011) – American musician and bassist for the band “Fall Out Boy”, Pete Wentz started dating Ashlee in August of 2006. Though Ashlee denied her dating with Peter in the starting but later decided to take it public when she announced her engagement in April 2008 and soon on May 17, 2008, married him at her parent’s residence in Encino, California. She gave birth to a boy, named Bronx Mowgli Wentz (b. November 20, 2008). The couple separated in February 2011 and divorce was filed, which was finalized on November 22, 2011.
- Craig Owens (2011) – After separating from Peter, she was rumored to be dating musician Craig Owens for three months from April to June 2011.
- Vincent Piazza (2011-2012) – This time she was seen with Boardwalk Empire star Vincent Piazza getting cozy in June 2011. The relationship went on pretty long until November 2012.
- Evan Ross (2013-Present) – On June 30, 2013, Ashlee commenced dating another actor Evan Ross. They turned their dating into engagement in January 2014. This relationship got even stronger after they married on August 30, 2014, at Evan Ross’s mother’s estate in Connecticut. In July 2015, the couple had their first child together, daughter Jagger Snow. In April 2020, the couple revealed that they were expecting their second child (Ashlee’s third) together. On October 29, 2020, she finally gave birth to the son Ziggy Blu.
Race / Ethnicity
Ashlee Simpson is of English, Scottish, German, and Swiss-German descent.
- She had done a nose job in the past.
- She also had a chin job.
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
She has appeared in several television commercials with her older sister Jessica. The list is as –
- Liquid Ice breath mints in 2004 (along with Jessica)
- Pizza Hut in 2004 (along with Jessica)
- HP Printers and Computers from 2004 to 2005. Ashlee is wearing an old 1800s dress during a party.
- Zeller’s department store in 2008.
She also appeared in ThermaSilk hair treatment‘s print adverts and later from 2006 to 2007 in Skechers Shoes print ads.
Ashlee is also the face of the sports brand Reebok.
Best Known For
Being a younger sister of the famous singer as well as Jessica Simpson and her first single from “Pieces of Me” from her debut album Autobiography.
She released her debut studio album Autobiography via Geffen Records on July 20, 2004, in the United States. It charted at #1 in Billboard 200 and was certified as 3× Platinum in the United States, 2× Platinum in Canada, and Gold in Britain.
She had a cameo role in the 2002 American comedy film The Hot Chick for her role as Monique.
First TV Show
In 2001, Ashlee guest-starred in the American television sitcom Malcolm in the Middle as a high school girl in episode #18 of the season titled “Reese Cooks”.
After giving birth to her son in November 2008, Ashlee lost around 50 pounds of baby weight. Celebrity trainer Ramona Braganza helped Ashlee to lose that stubborn baby weight. Ramona has made a fitness program called 321 Baby Bulge Be Gone program, which aims at mixing cardio and strength training workouts into one. The schedule is to be followed three times a week for three months.
Ashlee is a foodie and so it was really tough to manage her eating habits. She also took the help of trainer Mike Alexander, who managed her schedule and motivated her while exercising in the gym. She did circuit training to keep her heart pumping at a high rate.
Ashlee Simpson Favorite Things
- Hobby – Knitting
- Place in the World – Italy
- TV Shows – Jane the Virgin (2014-2019), Vanderpump Rules (2013-Present), Trust (2018)
Source – People.com, Us Magazine
Ashlee Simpson Facts
- While she was young, she suffered from anorexia.
- She started learning classical ballet at 3. Ashlee had attended the School of American Ballet in New York City.
- She has a pet dog named Rigby Wentz.
- Ashlee describes her personality as “fiery and blunt”.
- She wears a bracelet, which she received from her older sister Jessica, inscribed “If you can dream it, you can become it.”
- She is a distant relative of Al Gore, the 45th Vice President of the USA.
- She likes to wear cosmetics from the brand La Mer.
- She was #18 on Maxim’s Hot 100 List of 2008.
- She was enrolled at 7 in the School of American Ballet. This made her become the youngest person ever to be enrolled in this school.
- From 2009 to 2010, she appeared as Violet Foster in The CW drama series, Melrose Place.
- Some of her musical influences include Guns N’ Roses, Gwen Stefani, No Doubt, Joan Jett, The Runaways, Madonna, Pat Benatar, Green Day, Alanis Morissette, Fiona Apple, Chrissie Hynde, and Debbie Harry from Blondie.
- Ashlee’s first job was appearing in a Kohl’s commercial.
- Ashlee has a big collection of bags and vintage t-shirts.
- If Ashlee was not a singer and actress, she would have been a ballerina.
- Ashlee’s go-to karaoke song is Love Is a Battlefield by Pat Benatar.
- Previously, she was in love with kitten heels.
- She uses castor oil on her eyelashes and eyebrows to let them grow naturally. That is her beauty hack.
- She loves her hair bleached and considers herself a perfectionist about her hair color.
- Louis Vuitton suitcase was her first big purchase.
- Scattergories is her go-to board game.
- She sometimes is afraid of heights.
- Growing up, she was more into parties than being a bright student.
- She often talks to herself and sings songs in the shower.
- Ashlee shares her birthday with Gwen Stefani.
- While young, she was a fangirl of Debbie Harry and Gwen Stefani.
- Ashlee lives by this mantra, ‘enjoy life and be happy’.
- She likes collecting scrapbooks.