|Brian Geraghty Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¾ in|
|Date of Birth||May 13, 1975|
Brian Geraghty is an American actor. He is best known for portraying the character of Specialist Owen Eldridge in the 2008 American war thriller film, The Hurt Locker. Some of his other famous roles include Ken Evans in the 2012 American drama film, Flight and Theodore Roosevelt in The Alienist.
Brian Timothy Geraghty
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
Brian attended Toms River High School East and graduated in the year 1993. After completing his schooling, he went on to study acting at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of Theatre.
- Father – Dennis Geraghty
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Brian is represented by –
- Management 360
- United Talent Agency
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brian has dated –
- Laura Ramsey (2009-2010) – Brian was romantically involved with American actress Laura Ramsey for a year. They began dating in 2009 and parted ways in 2010.
- Krysten Ritter (2011-2013) – In the March of 2011, Brian began dating another American actress, Krysten Ritter. The couple, however, did not last much and parted ways in January 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
Brian has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Portraying the character of Specialist Owen Eldridge in the 2008 American war thriller film, The Hurt Locker
- Playing Ken Evans in the 2012 American drama film, Flight
- Portraying Agent Warren Knox/James “Jim” Tolliver in the American period crime drama television series, Boardwalk Empire
- Playing Theodore Roosevelt in the American period drama television series, The Alienist
Brian made his theatrical film debut in the American romantic drama film, Stateside, as Chris in 2004.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in the famous American police procedural and legal drama television series, Law & Order, as Phillip Ludwick in 1999.
Brian keeps himself fit and active by doing various physical activities. His most favorite to indulge in is surfing. He has been surfing since he was a young kid and even taught the sport at one point in his life.
Brian Geraghty Facts
- He began his professional acting career in New York City.
- Brian was encouraged to discover his creative side by his father.
- The first audition he gave was for the American crime drama television series, The Sopranos.
- After moving to Los Angeles, he continued acting for a year but he was discouraged after watching the competition in the field.
- Brian started teaching surfing to earn a living as he did not have much hope in acting.
- As per an interview, he considers film Jarhead to be a turning point in his acting career.
- He received the “Best Ensemble Performance” Gotham Award and “Best Ensemble” Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award in 2009 for his role of Specialist Owen Eldridge in the 2008 American war thriller film, The Hurt Locker.
- In his ideal time, he indulges in surfing.
- Brian has also been active in charity and as per an interview in 2010, he was supporting a charity called TAPS that is short for Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors that counsel and supports families and loved ones of war soldiers.
- Follow Brian Geraghty on Instagram.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Flickr / CC BY 2.0