|Brooklyn Decker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 12, 1987|
Brooklyn Decker is an American model and actress who has done modeling for a variety of brands and designers such as The Gap, Victoria’s Secret, Intimissimi, American Eagle, Hollister and has been featured on the cover of magazines like FHM, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Flare, GQ, and Esquire. As an actress, she has appeared in several films and TV shows such as The Devil Wears Prada, Just Go with It, Solitary Man, What to Expect When You’re Expecting, Lovesong, Support the Girls, Battleship, Chuck, Ugly Betty, New Girl, Friends with Better Lives, and Lipshitz Saves the World. Brooklyn has won numerous awards such as Teen Choice Award and Texas Film Award.
Brooklyn Danielle Decker
Brooke, Brooklyn Decker
Kettering, Ohio, United States
Austin, Texas, United States
Model and actress
- Father – Stephen Decker (Pacemaker Salesman)
- Mother – Tessa (Nurse)
- Siblings – Jordan (Younger Brother)
She is registered with these modeling agencies –
- Place Model Management
- Select Model Management
- Marilyn Agency – New York (Mother Agency)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Brooklyn Decker has dated –
- Andy Roddick (2007-Present) – Andy Roddick, the retired American tennis player, who had been world no.1 in the past, met Decker at the 2007 Davis Cup final when she was spotted by him from the crowd. They soon began dating. Roddick announced his engagement to Decker on his website on March 31, 2008. On April 17, 2009, the duo got married.
The couple has 2 children, a son Hank (b. September 2015) and a daughter (b. November 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
36-24-34 in or 91.5-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
According to Celebuzz, she was wearing shoes of size 8½ in the fifth grade. This is also her mother’s shoe size.
She has walked the ramp and advertised for American Eagle, Gap, Hollister, Victoria’s Secret.
Through her social media, she has also endorsed brands like Finery, Black Forest USA gummies, Splenda, etc.
Best Known For
Appearing in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.
First Music Video Appearance
Decker had been featured in the music videos for the band Jimmy Buffett and 3 Doors Down.
2011 romantic comedy film, Just Go With It for her role as Palmer Dodge. She was awarded the “Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie: Breakout Female”.
First TV Show
Comedy television pilot, Lipshitz Saves the World for her role as Rebecca Fellini in 2007.
Decker stays uber-fit by doing a lot of hard work in the form of workouts and maintaining a proper diet. Before a photo shoot, she never forgets to do a series of ab exercises. This is her favorite core exercise as well. She feels the difference in her. She is smart enough and alternates her exercises with others. Sometimes, she does side crunches, or sometimes straight sit-ups or rotating sit-ups. This makes the workout even more effective and keeps her miles away from boredom.
Most women don’t like weight training fearing that they would end up with bulky muscles. But, Brooklyn enjoys doing it. She picks the weights somewhere from 10 to 15 pounds with 10-15 reps. When traveling, she mostly does running as it is not possible to go to the gym every time due to unavailability or other reasons.
She insists on eating small meals throughout the day. Ice creams and candies are what she craves for.
“I’m named after a horse. My mom’s best friend had a horse named Brooke, so my dad suggested ‘Brooklyn’ as a more formal version, and it just stuck. And now I live in Brooklyn part-time, so go figure.”
Brooklyn Decker’s Favorite Things
- Sweets – Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish
- Snacks – Cashews, almonds, berries, Brazil nuts, hummus
- Band – Dave Matthews Band
- All-Time Favorite TV Show – The West Wing (1999-2006)
- Organization – Special Olympics
Source – Celebuzz.com, PopSugar.com, Us Magazine
Brooklyn Decker’s Facts
- The model was discovered in a Charlotte shopping mall at the age of sixteen.
- She commenced her career by becoming the face of Mauri Simone, a popular prom dressmaker.
- In the year 2003, she won the Model of the Year award at the Connections Model and Talent Convention.
- Brooklyn had been a guest judge in the 5th cycle of Germany’s Next Topmodel.
- Men’s Health has included her name in the list of “100 Hottest Women of All-Time”.
- The model has been featured in the catalogs for Victoria’s Secret, Intimissmi, and others.
- She designed the cover of the 2010 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit.
- Decker is a Tar Heel basketball and Carolina Panthers fan.
- Brooklyn had graced the magazine covers of Women’s Health, Flare, Petra, Alpha, GQ, Esquire, Glamour, Fitness, Page Six, Ocean Drive, Self, Redbook, and others.
- She was considered for the role in the film Transformers: Dark of the Moon, which was later given to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
- Blue-colored 1973 Ford Bronco was her dream car. She was able to purchase it also and it became her first splurge.
- She has the habit of sniffing her fingers.
- Along with her close friend, she had started a tech company called Finery.com in the past.
- Once at a talent show, she had to perform both the parts of When You Believe by Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston because her friend had left.
- After having her baby, she became afraid of heights.
- In the past, she played violin for 7 years.
- Because of the word ‘banana’, she lost the fifth-grade spelling bee contest.
- She and her spouse Andy Roddick had cut the honeymoon short after they got bored post 4 days together as they had completed all the activities which were mentioned in the brochure.
- She loves interior designing and decoration of homes.
- She likes using RetailMeNot app as it saves her money by receiving discounts.
- Growing up, she didn’t have a TV.
- Outside her home, she consider herself a very shy person.
- The West Wing (1999-2006) became her favorite TV show after she was introduced to it in the politics class in school as she didn’t have a TV as a kid.
- She is skilled in playing the games Catch Phrase and Heads Up.
- She has a long line of firefighters because her granddad, great uncle, uncle, cousin, and her younger brother all have been firefighters.
- Brooklyn had her first time surfing session with singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett.
- 1991 Volkswagen Cabriolet was her first car.
- She shares her birthday with her mom and grandmother.
- Brooklyn is afraid of toads.
- Decker was her senior class president. She ran uncontested that time.
- Brooklyn has had 1 fractured bone and also 1 set of stitches in the past. Both happened because of her younger brother Jordan (who is nicknamed Crash).
- She has 2 bulldogs named Billie Jean and Bob Costas.