|Bruce McGill Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||July 11, 1950|
|Spouse||Gloria Lee McGill|
Bruce McGill is an American actor and filmmaker whose professional career began in the late 1970s, first on stage and then eventually also on television and film. He is well known for his role as the pilot friend, Jack Dalton, on the television series MacGyver and Daniel Simpson Day “D-Day” in the classic comedy National Lampoon’s Animal House. Bruce has also played roles in professional theatre plays including, Hamlet (1975), The Cherry Orchard (1977), and My One and only (1983) among others.
Bruce has kept up a steady body of work and appearances in both television and films, proving capable of playing authoritative figures, quirky strangers and, performing real-life personalities such as the “CIA Director” George Tenet in Oliver Stone’s W and a “Secretary of War”, Edwin M. Stanton in Steven Spielberg‘s Lincoln. He has also performed in several television crime dramas. In Rizzoli & Isles, he plays the character who is a mentor and friend of the lead star.
Bruce Travis McGill
San Antonio, Texas, United States
California, United States
Bruce McGill attended Wilshire Elementary School and later went to Douglas MacArthur High School in San Antonio. After that, he graduated with a degree in drama from The University of Texas at Austin, United States.
Actor, Voice actor
- Father – Woodrow Wilson McGill (Real Estate Broker, Insurance Broker)
- Mother – Adriel Rose Jacobs (Deceased)
- Siblings – Pamela (Half-Sister), David (Brother)
Bruce McGill is managed by –
- Stone Manners Salners Agency (Talent and Literary Agency), Los Angeles, California, USA
- Artists & Representatives (Talent Agent), Los Angeles, California, USA
- Cunningham Escott Slevin & Doherty (CESD) (Talent Agent Voice), Los Angeles, California, USA
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bruce McGill has dated –
- Gloria Lee McGill (1994-Present) – Bruce and Gloria got married in 1994.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish, English, and distant French ancestry on the side of his father, and Jewish Ashkenazi ancestry on the side of his mother.
Salt and Pepper
Salt and Pepper goatee
Best Known For
- Acting in a number of films like The Insider, Ali and Collateral, National Lampoon’s Animal House among others
- Appearing in roles depicting real-life people who have been figures of authority including Yankees manager Ralph Houk in 61* in 2001, diplomat George Ball in Path to War in 2002, journalist Peter Arnett in Live from Baghdad in 2002, CIA director George Tenet in W, Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton in Lincoln, among others
- Acting in a number of TV shows including MacGyver CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Star Trek Voyager, a veteran Boston Police Homicide Detective, Vince Korsak in Rizzoli & Isles, among many others
- Stage acting for the National Shakespeare Company and later the Trinity Square Repertory Company of Providence, performing in productions such as Tom Jones, Peer Gynt, and Sherlock Holmes, among others
Bruce made his theatrical film debut as Blood in the 1977 film Handle with Care.
First TV Show
Bruce made his TV show debut as Daniel Simpson in the 1979 TV show Delta House.
Bruce McGill Facts
- He was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas, United States.
- Bruce has a B. F. A. (Bachelor of Fine Arts) degree in acting from the University of Texas at Austin.
- He became a member of Rhode Island’s Trinity Square Repertory Company and performed in many theatrical productions by them.
- He was a co-star with Twiggy and Tommy Tune in the 22 months-long Broadway musical My One and Only.
- Bruce McGill enjoys sailing and golf.
- Bruce McGill is the narrator for Scandalous on the Fox News series.
- His favorite acting roles are Animal House (1978) and The Legend of Bagger Vance (2000).
- McGill is related to former “Texas Senator” A. R. Babe Schwartz.
- He is a consummate pianist.
- He remains in touch with Richard Dean Anderson, his co-star on MacGyver (1985).
- On April 25, 2009, McGill served as the honorary grand marshal in San Antonio.
- He was cast in 3 different productions where he was the supervisor; Quantum Leap (1989), Timecop (1994), and Star Trek: Voyager (1995).
- McGill was the narrator in several commercials for President Donald Trump and the Republican Party during his campaign in the 2016 US election.
- He has a recurring voice role as Lloyd Waterman on The Cleveland Show, playing the homosexual proprietor of Waterman Cable, where Cleveland Brown works as a cable installer.
- Bruce is known for his work with Michael Mann in The Insider (1999), Ali (2001), and Collateral (2004).
- He played the role of the U. S. President Calvin Coolidge in the film For Greater Glory: The True Story of Cristiada (2012).
- Bruce is not active on social media.
Featured Image by TNT / YouTube