|Bryan Singer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1965|
Bryan Jay Singer is a renowned American director, producer, and writer. He founded the famous American film and television production company, Bad Hat Harry Productions in 1994.
Bryan Jay Singer
New York City, New York, United States
Bryan went to West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South in New Jersey, graduating in 1984. He later got enrolled at the School of Visual Arts in New York and studied filmmaking there for 2 years.
After that, he went to the USC School of Cinematic Arts in Los Angeles, where he attended the Critical Studies program and graduated in 1989.
Director, Producer, Writer
- Father – Norbert Dave Singer (Adoptive) (Corporate Executive)
- Mother – Grace Sinden (Adoptive) (Environmental Activist)
- Others – Marc Singer (Cousin) (Actor), Gregory Singer (Cousin) (Actor), Lori Singer (Cousin) (Actress), Claude Singer (Cousin) (Actor)
He is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bryan has dated –
- Michelle Clunie (2014-Present) – Singer started dating American actress Michelle Clunie in 2014. They have a son named Dashiell Julius William Clunie-Singer (b. January 2015).
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Close-cropped Hair
Bryan Singer Favorite Things
- Television Show – Star Trek: The Original Series (1966-1969)
- Movie – Jaws (1975)
- Movie Theme – Alienation
- Composer – John Ottman
- Movie Subject – Nature of Evil
- Character – Superman
Bryan Singer Facts
- In 1988, Singer wrote and directed his first film, Lion’s Den, right after graduating from a university.
- His film, Public Access co-won the “Grand Jury Prize” at the Sundance Film Festival in 1993.
- In 1995, Singer was praised for directing the crime thriller, The Usual Suspects. It was a big hit, winning Christopher McQuarrie an Academy Award for “Best Writing”, and actor Kevin Spacey an Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- In 1998, Singer directed the thriller, Apt Pupil, which was an adaptation of a Stephen King novella about a boy finding out that a Nazi war criminal lives in his locality.
- He has directed big-budget superhero films like X-Men (2000), for which Singer received the 2000 Saturn Award for “Best Direction”, its sequel X2 (2003), and then Superman Returns (2006).
- In 2006, he was included at #46 on Premiere magazine’s “Power 50” list.
- Bryan directed the World War II historical thriller, Valkyrie in 2008.
- In 2011, he co-wrote and co-produced X-Men: First Class.
- He is friends with film director Gary Goddard and actor Ethan Hawke.
- Bryan directed the fantasy adventure film, Jack the Giant Slayer (2013).
- He directed X-Men: Days of Future Past in 2014 and X-Men: Apocalypse in 2016.
- In 2018, he directed Rami Malek in an Oscar Award-winning performance in the film, Bohemian Rhapsody.
- He produced commercials for the ice-cream Magnum Gold in 2012.
- Bryan’s production company, Bad Hat Harry Productions is named after a line uttered by Chief Martin Brody in his favorite film Jaws (1975).
- In the past, several boys and men have accused Bryan of molesting them as minors.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0