|Cara Buono Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1971|
Cara Buono is an American actress, screenwriter, and director who is known for playing various roles in popular TV shows like Dr. Faye Miller in the 4th season of the AMC drama series Mad Men, Kelli Moltisanti in the 6th season of The Sopranos, Linda Salvo in the 2006 comedy Artie Lange’s Beer League, and Karen Wheeler in the 2016 horror sci-fi Netflix original series Stranger Things. She was nominated for Emmy award for her superior acting skills as Dr. Faye Miller on the series Mad Men in 2011. She is active on social media where she has more than 400k followers on Instagram and over 100k followers on Twitter.
The Bronx, New York, United States
Greenwich Village, New York, United States
Cara went to the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School. Then, she attended Columbia University from where she graduated in 1995 with a double major in English and Political Science.
Actress, Screenwriter, Director
- Father – Anthony Buono
- Mother – Rosemary Buono
She is represented by Slate PR (Public Relations Agency), Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cara has dated –
- Peter Thum – Cara is married to an entrepreneur, businessman, and founder of Ethos Water, Peter Thum. They parent a daughter. It was reported in August 2010 that the family was living in New York City’s Greenwich Village. They have often been spotted together at several public events including the 2017 Emmy awards. Cara also keeps her fans busy by sharing adorable pictures with her daughter on Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian descent.
She prefers to dye her hair ‘dark brown’, ‘honey blonde’, and ‘light brown’.
- Pointed chin
- Beautiful smile
She has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Massengill Douche
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (2009)
Cara has promoted brands like Liberty United and In-N-Out Burger through her Instagram account.
Best Known For
- Playing various roles in popular TV shows as Dr. Faye Miller in the 4th season of the AMC drama series Mad Men, Kelli Moltisanti in the 6th season of The Sopranos, Linda Salvo in the 2006 comedy Artie Lange’s Beer League, and Karen Wheeler in the 2016 horror sci-fi Netflix original series Stranger Things
- Appearing in films like Hulk (2003) and Let Me In (2010)
She made her theatrical film debut as Dawn in the action drama sports film Gladiator in 1992.
First TV Show
Cara made her first TV show appearance as Joann in the drama series Dream Street in 1989.
The actress maintains a healthy lifestyle and keeps herself fit and lean by doing workouts on a regular basis. She enjoys doing yoga and cardio, especially running. She has even run a few marathons which clearly shows her enthusiasm towards fitness.
During an interview given to Vogue, she said –
“I love to walk, I walk everywhere. I practice yoga. And running – I’ve run 3 NYC Marathons.”
Cara Buono Favorite Things
- Actors – James Gandolfini, Michael Imperioli
- Destinations – Italy, Bhutan
- Place To Hangout – Wallse, La Pizza Fresca, Bunker Club
- Books – F. Scott Fitzgerald’s This Side of Paradise
- Fashion Designers – Valentino, Suno, Armani, J. Mendel, Jason Wu, Stella McCartney
Source – Vogue
Cara Buono Facts
- She has participated in 3 New York City Marathons in 1998, 1999, and 2005. She was also going to run the 2006 New York City Marathon but had to cancel it about a week before due to an injury.
- Besides acting, Cara has also directed, produced, and written films such as the short film, Baggage, in 1997, and has co-written the screenplay for When The Cat’s Away in 1999, with Brad Anderson.
- She got her first role at the age of 11 after successfully auditioning for an ad for Harvey Fierstein’s “Spookhouse”.
- Cara received an Emmy Award nomination in the Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series category for her phenomenal performance in the drama series Mad Men in 2011.
- Visit her official website @ carabuono.com.
Featured Image by Cara Buono / Instagram