|Carlos Ponce Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1972|
Carlos Ponce is a Puerto Rican actor, singer, composer, model, voiceover artist, and television personality whose career started by working in Spanish language soap operas for Televisa and Telemundo. Since then, he has been cast in various shows and movies like Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, Hollywood Heights, 7th Heaven, Couples Retreat, Rio, Ice Age: Collision Course, Spy, Sentimientos ajenos, Sin pecado concebido, Dame chocolate, La suerte de Loli, Julie and the Phantoms, Playing with Fire, Silvana sin lana, Cristela, Dos hogares, and Ángel de la guarda, mi dulce compañía. In addition to that, Carlos Ponce has also released songs such as Decir Adiós, Escúchame, La Razón de mi Ser, Te Vas, Rezo, Mujer con Pantalones, and Recuerdo.
Carlos Ponce Freyre
Carlos Armando Ponce Freyre, Carlitos
Santurce, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Carlos Ponce studied at a high school in Humacao and was also a member of the school’s drama club. Later, he attended South Miami Senior High, a high school located in Miami-Dade County, Florida. He achieved the feat of becoming the best student actor in the southern region of the United States.
Afterward, he took part in the Southeastern Theatre Conference in 1990 and won a scholarship to the New World School of the Arts conservatory. However, he later quit his university education after he was offered to host a show called Hablando (Talking) by the Spanish-language television station Univision.
Actor, Singer, Composer, Model, Voiceover Artist, Television Personality
- Father – Carlos Ponce, Sr.
- Mother – Esther Freyre
- Siblings – Francisco Ponce (Brother), Marivi Ponce (Sister), Lilly Ponce (Sister)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Carlos Ponce has dated –
- Verónica Rubio (1996-2010) – He got married to his high school sweetheart, photographer Verónica Rubio, in 1996. She is the sister of lawyer and politician Marco Rubio who has also served as a U.S. Senator. The couple was blessed with 4 children – Giancarlo (b. 1999), Sebastián Joel (b. 2001), and twin daughters Siena Natasha and Savanna Ala (b. 2002) – and they all resided in Miami, Florida. However, they divorced in 2010.
- Roselyn Sanchez (2004) – It was RUMORed that he had an affair with singer, songwriter, dancer, model, and actress Roselyn Sanchez in 2004.
- Ximena Duque (2010-2016) – Carlos was romantically involved with Colombian actress and model Ximena Duque from 2010 to 2016.
- Karina Banda (2018-Present) – In 2018, he started dating Mexican journalist Karina Banda.
Race / Ethnicity
Carlos Ponce is of Cuban descent.
Salt and Pepper
He has done endorsement work for Starmedia.com.
Carlos Ponce Facts
- His parents emigrated from Cuba after the Cuban Revolution led by Fidel Castro.
- He grew up in Humacao, where his family had shifted to after his birth.
- Carlos began performing at a young age, both in his school as well as by performing for his family.
- At the age of 6, he started appearing in TV commercials.
- His family relocated to Miami, Florida in 1986.
- In 2005, Carlos Ponce made his theatrical film debut as Rodrigo Bollas De Madera, the Spanish gigolo, in the American s*x comedy film, Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo.
- He appeared as the yoga instructor named Salvadore in the 2009 American romantic comedy film, Couples Retreat.
- He provided vocals to the character of Marcel, Nigel’s owner and the leader of a group of exotic bird smugglers, in the popular 2011 3D computer-animated musical adventure comedy film, Rio, which was nominated for an Oscar for “Best Original Song”.
- Ponce was cast in the recurring role of Ray Molina, Julie and Carlos’s father, in the American musical comedy-drama series, Julie and the Phantoms, which was released via streaming on Netflix on September 10, 2020.
Featured Image by Dulce Osuna / YouTube / CC BY 3.0