|Carol Vorderman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 24, 1960|
Carol Vorderman is a British media personality and public figure who is known as one of the hosts of the mega-popular game show Countdown, a show where she co-hosted for 26 long years. During her time with Countdown, she also started working for various broadcasting shows such as Better Homes, The Pride of Britain Awards for ITV, Have I Got News for You, The Sunday Night Project, and Lorraine.
Carol Jean Vorderman
Bedford, Bedfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
She went to Blessed Edward Jones Catholic High School in Rhyl. In 1978, she moved to Cambridge where she studied engineering at Sidney Sussex College.
- Father – Anton ‘Tony’ Vorderman
- Mother – Edwina Jean (née Davies)
- Siblings – Anton Vorderman (Brother), Trixie Vorderman (Sister)
She is represented by Independent Talent Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, United Kingdom.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Carol Vorderman had dated –
- Christopher Mather (1985) – Carol Vorderman married her first husband Christopher Mather at the age of 24. However, their marriage only lasted for 12 months.
- Patrick King (1990-2000) – She remarried to management consultant Patrick King at the age of 29 in 1990. The couple who had a daughter named Katie (b. 1992) and a son named Cameron (b. 1997) had called in quits in 2000.
- Des Kelly (1999-2006) – She met Daily Mail columnist and PR consultant Des Kelly at a Christmas Party in 1999. The two started living together in 2001 but after 5 years of being together, they had officially split in December 2006. Vorderman and Kelly announced the amicable split in January 2007.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Dutch ancestry on her father’s side and Welsh ancestry on her mother’s side.
Carol Vorderman Facts
- Her parents separated just 3 weeks after her birth and she didn’t see her father again until she was 42 years old.
- She wasn’t able to trace the Dutch side of her family until 2007 when she found out that her father had been an active member of the Dutch resistance during the Nazi occupation.
- Before fame, she had first worked as a junior civil engineer at Dinorwig Power Station located in Llanberis, Wales.
- From 1984 to 1985, Vorderman made regular appearances on the Peter Levy show on Radio Aire.
- In the mid-1980s, she worked part-time in the Information Services Department of the UK Atomic Energy Authority and was particularly assigned in the production of in-house video programs.
- Her continuous success on Countdown made her one of the highest-paid women in Britain, earning an estimated £1 million per year.
- She recorded her last Countdown show on November 13, 2008. It was broadcasted on December 12, 2008.
- On September 5, 2011, Vorderman presented her first live show on Loose Women.
- She became the presenter of the annual Pride of Britain Awards televised on ITV in 1999.
- In 2004, she participated in the 2nd series of Strictly Come Dancing alongside professional dancer Paul Killick. She turned out to be the 2nd celebrity to be eliminated from the show.
- In March 2013, she recorded an ITV gameshow pilot called Revolution. On June 29, 2013, it was revealed that the show had been “scrapped” by the TV network.
- Vorderman finished at 8th place in the 16th series of I‘m a Celebrity..Get Me Out of Here!
Featured Image by Carol Vorderman / Instagram