Carrie Rachel Brownstein
Seattle, Washington, United States
Portland, Oregon, United States
Carrie went to the Lake Washington High School in Kirkland, Washington. For her senior year, she studied at The Overlake School in Redmond, Washington.
The singer also studied at the Western Washington University in Bellingham.
In 1997, she graduated in Sociolinguistics from The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington.
Musician, writer, actress
- Father – Corporate Lawyer
- Mother – Teacher
- Siblings – Unknown
She is managed by United Talent Agency.
Punk rock, Indie rock, Riot grrrl
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Carrie Brownstein dated –
- St. Vincent (2012) – Carrie and American musician St. Vincent were RUMORed to be dating in 2012.
- Taylor Schilling (2015) – Carrie was RUMORed to be romantically involved with American actress Taylor Schilling in 2015.
- Corin Tucker – The singer was in a relationship with guitarist Corin Tucker.
- Fred Armisen – Carrie and actor Fred Armisen were RUMORed to be in a relationship since they started working on ThunderAnt. However, both have refuted the claims.
- Abbi Jacobson (2016) – In late 2016, the actors Abbi Jacobson and Carrie Brownstein were rumored to be dating each other. Abbi appeared in 2 episodes of Portlandia (aired in 2017) as a guest where the two got to know each other.
Race / Ethnicity
35-25-33 in or 89-63.5-84 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Carrie Brownstein has appeared in the TV commercials for
- American Express (2013)
- Old Navy (2015)
Best Known For
- Being a member of the Excuse 17 band and later for the punk-indie band Sleater-Kinney.
- Playing various characters in the sketch comedy series Portlandia starring Carrie and Fred Armisen.
Her acting debut came in 2001 with the short film Getting Stronger Every Day playing various characters.
First TV Show
In 2011, Carrie started playing various characters on the sketch comedy show Portlandia.
She wrote a memoir titled Hunger Makes Me A Modern Girl that was released on October 27, 2015, via Riverhead Books (publisher).
Carrie Brownstein does not have a personal trainer.
Talking on MSN in October 2016, the singer said she was definitely not into exercise but attended a few classes at Soul Cycle in LA.
Carrie Brownstein Favorite Things
- Place – The Pearl District, Forest Park, Washington Park
- Store – Canoe, Frances May
- Bookstore – Powell’s
- Cosmetics Brand – Aesop
- Salon – Tiger Tiger, Lotus Spa
- Food – Sushi
- Restaurant – Expatriate, HomeState
- TV Series – Westworld
Source – Marie Claire, Bon Appetit, MSN.com
Carrie Brownstein Facts
- Carrie was brought up in Redmond, Washington.
- She was 14-years-old when her parents divorced and her father raised her.
- At 15, the bundle of talent started playing the guitar and her teacher was American singer Jeremy Enigk.
- While studying at The Evergreen State College, she formed the “Excuse 17” band along with CJ Phillips and Becca Albee.
- At 24, Carrie worked as a substitute teacher.
- The singer released The Age of Backwards EP with former Helium guitarist Mary Timony in 1999.
- In 2006, she became the only woman to be included in the “25 Most Underrated Guitarists of All-Time” list by Rolling Stone.
- Carrie has written for The Believer magazine interviewing Eddie Vedder, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Karen O, and Cheryl Hines. She also wrote video game reviews for Slate.
- She wrote a blog called Monitor Mix for NPR Music from November 2007 to May 2010.
- In September 2010, she formed a band Wild Flag with Mary Timony, Janet Weiss, and Rebecca Cole.
- The singer is the proud owner of a Rickenbacker 360, and a Gibson SG ’72 reissue.