Anne Erin Clark
Annie, St. Vincent
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
New York City, United States
Anne went to the Lake Highlands High School in Dallas, Texas from where she graduated in 2001. During her time at the school, she participated in theater and jazz band and was Glee star Mark Salling‘s classmate.
She also studied at the Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts but dropped out after 3 years. Her professor of Guitar at Berklee was Lauren Passarelli.
Musician, Singer, Record Producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Social worker turned administrator
- Siblings – Amy Clark (Older Sister)
- Others – Tuck Andress (Uncle), Patti Cathcart (Aunt)
She has two older sisters including Amy.
She is managed by Lever and Beam.
Art rock, Indie rock, Chamber rock
Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Piano, Keyboards, Synthesizer
Beggars Banquet, Caroline International, 4AD, Republic, Loma Vista
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
St Vincent dated –
- Lissy Trullie (2009-2011) – St. Vincent was RUMORed to be in a relationship with singer Lissy Trullie from 2009 to 2011.
- David Byrne (2011) – Musicians St. Vincent and David Byrne were RUMORed to be dating in 2011.
- Carrie Brownstein (2012) – Anne was RUMORed to be involved with another musician Carrie Brownstein in 2012.
- Cara Delevingne (2014-2016) – The musician was alleged to be dating British model Cara Delevingne for about 2 years. The two did not confirm the relation but were spotted together several times in 2015. They got separated in September 2016.
- Kristen Stewart (2016) – St Vincent dated actress Kristen Stewart from October to December 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Unorthodox musical style
- Private person
- Bold music with a message
34-26-34 in or 86-66-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
In 2015, St Vincent was seen in the Sonos TV Commercial ‘Now What?’ that featured her and a song by Otis Redding.
In 2016, she did a TV commercial for Sonos + Apple Music titled ‘Silence’ that also featured Killer Mike and Matt Berninger.
Best Known For
Her album St Vincent (2014) which featured songs like “Digital Witness”, “Birth in Reverse”, etc.
St Vincent’s debut album Marry Me was released on July 10, 2007, by Beggars Banquet Records. The albums didn’t chart anywhere.
First TV Show
St Vincent was first seen in an episode of the talk show Late Show with David Letterman as herself in 2009.
The dynamic musician made her directorial debut with the horror movie XX (2017).
Talking about her diet and fitness, St. Vincent informed in an interview that she ran and lifted weights. She grew up doing sports and is an active person. Her work keeps her busy and she has to often stay in hotels where she uses the gym.
While in New York City, she likes to ride a bike to stay fit but does not consider it as a serious exercise.
St. Vincent Favorite Things
- TV Series – Arrested Development
- Bands – Sonic Youth and Pearl Jam
- Singer – Beyonce
- Fashion Icons – Charlie Chaplin, Marcel Marceau
- Color – Black
- Book – White Girls (By Hilton Als)
- Movies – Reality Bites (1994), Leviathan (2014)
Source – Pitchfork, The Guardian, Harper’s Bazaar
St. Vincent Facts
- After her parents separated when she was 7, Anne moved to Dallas, Texas with her mother and two older sisters.
- The musician draws her musical inspiration from David Bowie, Kate Bush, Jimi Hendrix, and Siouxsie and the Banshees.
- In 2003, while still studying at Berklee, the musician released an EP titled Ratsliveonnoevilstar with some fellow students.
- In 2004, she was a part of the 100 Guitar Orchestra of Glenn Branca for the Queens performance.
- She started her music career as a member of The Polyphonic Spree band.
- St. Vincent was also a member of the touring band Sufjan Stevens before starting her own band in 2006.
- Her song Roslyn in collaboration with band Bon Iver was a part of The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009) and The Antidote was a soundtrack of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (2012).
- On September 18, 2012, Clark was part of the 30 Songs / 30 Days campaign in support of Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide, a project motivated from the book by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn.
- On May 17, 2015, Clark performed at the Soluna: International Music & Arts Festival inauguration with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.
- In March 2016, she designed a signature Ernie Ball Music Man guitar.
- Her self-titled music album “St. Vincent” (2014) bagged her the Album of the Year title by The Guardian, NME, Entertainment Weekly and Slant Magazine.
- Anne won the Best Alternative Album Grammy Award for her self-titled album becoming the first solo female musician to win a Grammy in the category in 20 years (after 1991).
- Visit her official website @ ilovestvincent.com.
- Listen her on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and iTunes.