|Casper Van Dien Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1968|
Casper Van Dien is a famous actor and producer who came into limelight after gaining prominence as Johnny Rico in the sci-fi action movie, Starship Troopers (1997). He then appeared as Tarzan in the 1998 film Tarzan and the Lost City and also got appreciated for his role as Brom Bones in the highly successful 1999 film, Sleepy Hollow. Casper started acting at the age of 19 and his critically acclaimed television appearance was in the teen drama series, Beverly Hills, 90210, as Griffin Stone in 1994.
Casper Robert Van Dien VI
Van, Cap, Tarzan, Casper, Robb
Milton, Florida, U.S.
Casper went to St. Petersburg campus of the Admiral Farragut Academy. Later, he enrolled at Florida State University in Tallahassee and was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity.
Actor, Producer, Poet
- Father – Casper Robert Van Dien V (U.S. Navy Commander and Fighter Pilot)
- Mother – Diane (née Morrow) (Nursery School Teacher, Interfaith Minister, Nurse, Teacher, Sailing Instructor)
- Siblings – Sudi Van Dien (Older Sister), Kristin (Younger Sister)
- Others – Debbie (Younger Half-Sister), India Oxenberg (Step-Daughter), Casper Anson Van Dien (Paternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Maria /Mary Bornand (Paternal Grandmother), William Burnell Morrow (Maternal Grandfather), Edith Wilhelmina Johnson (Maternal Grandmother)
Casper Van Dien is managed by Jeff Goldberg Management.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Casper Van Dien has dated –
- Carrie Mitchum (1993-1997) – Casper and actress Carrie Mitchum got married in 1993 and have 2 children – daughter Grace Van Dien and son Cappy Van Dien. In 1997, Van filed for divorce due to the implacable differences between them.
- Catherine Oxenberg (1999-2015) – Van Dien and actress Catherine Oxenberg met while filming for the TV movie, The Collectors. The duo got married on May 8, 1999, at Graceland Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, Nevada. However, in 2015, Van filed for a divorce. Van has 2 daughters from Oxenberg, namely, Maya (born September 20, 2001) and Celeste Alma (born October 3, 2003).
- Jennifer Wenger – After splitting from Oxenberg in 2015, Van got married to actress Jennifer Wenger in June 2018 and they have since been together.
Race / Ethnicity
Dien has Dutch, English, Swiss-French, Swiss-German, Irish, Scottish, Swedish, Finnish, part French, Polish, and Danish ancestry.
- Colossal Eyes
- ‘Ken doll’ like appearance
- He has got a Casper the Friendly Ghost tattoo on his left bicep.
Casper has done endorsement work for the following –
- Jumping Jack Cheese Dorritos chips (1989) (TV Commercial)
- Midway Airlines (1989) (TV Commercial)
- Nintendo Games (1990) (TV Commercial)
- Starship Troopers (1997) the pinball machine (Voice-over)
He has also served as the brand ambassador for ÉGARD Watch Company.
He is a deeply religious person.
Best Known For
- Playing the character of Johnny Rico in the military sci-fi action film, Starship Troopers (1997)
- Enacting Tarzan in the 1998 action-adventure movie, Tarzan and the Lost City
Dien made his feature film debut as King Tal in the action-adventure fantasy, Beastmaster III: The Eye of Braxus.
First TV Show
Casper made his TV show debut as Tyler ‘Ty’ Moody in the romantic drama show, One Life to Live, in 1968.
Casper once stated in an interview that he attended a military school during his younger years and has attained some skills in martial arts, karate, and jiu-jitsu. All these art forms have helped him maintain a healthy physique. He also hits the gym on a regular basis and works out lifting weights.
Casper Van Dien Favorite Things
- TV Shows Growing Up – Star Trek
- Color – Green
- Sports – Football
- Movie Genre – Sci-Fi, Comedy
Source – QuoteHD.com, NerdReactor.com
Casper Van Dien Facts
- During his days in prep school, he was titled as a Ken doll and some of the writers have addressed him as a life-sized Ken doll.
- While filming a fight scene for the movie Sleepy Hollow (1999), Van dislocated his finger and also got 2 of his teeth chipped during the shoot.
- Casper likes doing his stunts.
- He is also a poet as he got published when he was 17 years old.
- In November 2000, Van Dien was titled the Sexiest Soap Star by People magazine.
- Casper has a 7-year experience in playing the trumpet.
- He has worked as an extra in the sitcom, Saved by the Bell.
- Casper Van Dien is good friends with Kenny Johnson, Jim Morse, Pablo Espinosa, and Garrett Warren.
- Dien and his former wife, Catherine Oxemberg, have served as ambassadors for Childhelp, which is a non-profit organization for the orphans.
- The casting team of Saving Private Ryan (1998) considered Van to play the character of Corporal Upham.
- Follow Casper Van Dien on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0