|Tricia Helfer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 11, 1974|
Tricia Helfer is a Canadian actress and former model, best known for her roles of Number Six in the TV series Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009), Alex Rice in Dark Blue (2010), and Charlotte in Lucifer (2016-2018). She came to prominence as a well-known model before she became an actress, which started around 1992. Tricia had the chance to walk for top fashion shows for brands such as Claude Montana, Givenchy, John Galliano, Dolce & Gabbana, Carolina Herrera, and Christian Dior. She has also appeared on the covers of magazines such as Marie Claire, Maxim, Vogue, Flare, Playboy, Amica, ELLE, Cosmopolitan, and others. Her acting career started in 2000, and in 2002, Tricia officially retired from the fashion industry.
She has appeared in movies such as White Rush (2003), The Genius Club (2006), Spiral (2007), The Green Chain (2007), Walk All Over Me (2007), Open House (2010), A Beginner’s Guide to Endings (2010), Bloodwork (2012), Authors Anonymous (2014), and 37 (2014). Besides her career as a television actress, Tricia is also known for her voice acting skills, mostly in video games such as Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (2007), Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (2008), StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (2010), Mass Effect 3 (2012), and many others. Tricia has amassed a large fanbase online, consisting of more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on Twitter, and more than 200k followers on Facebook.
Tricia Janine Helfer
Donalda, Alberta, Canada
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Tricia Helfer attended William E. Hay Composite High School in Stettler, Alberta, Canada.
Actress, Former Model, Singer
- Father – Dennis Helfer (Farm Owner)
- Mother – Elaine Helfer (Farm Owner)
- Siblings – Trina Helfer (Sister), Tammy Helfer (Sister), Tara Helfer (Sister)
- Others – Lawrence Theodore Helfer (Paternal Grandfather), Lewis Beal Helfer (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Minnie Louise Meyer (Paternal Grand-Grandmother)
Tricia Helfer is represented by –
- ICM Partners (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Play Management (Talent Agent) in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Innovative Artists (Talent Agent Commercial) in Santa Monica, California, United States
- Gilbertson Entertainment (Manager) in Santa Monica, California, United States
- Status PR (Publicist) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Heroes for Hire (Talent Agent Personal Appearance) in Studio City, California, United States
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tricia Helfer has dated –
- Sylvester Stallone – It was rumored that she briefly dated the well-known actor, Sylvester Stallone during her years as a young model.
- Jonathan S. Marshall (2003-2018) – She met Jonathan, who is a well-known Los Angeles entertainment lawyer, at the birthday party of their mutual friend. On October 18, 2003, they tied the knot and enjoyed a fruitful marriage up until May 2017, when Tricia and Jonathan decided to go their separate ways. In January 2018, she filed for divorce and cited irreconcilable differences. Tricia added that they remained on very good terms, and stayed very supportive of each other’s career goals because they were married for such a long time.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German, English, Swedish, and Norwegian descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Ombre’ with ‘Light Brown’ hair roots.
- Tall, slim physique
- Thin lips
Tricia Helfer has endorsed brands such as –
- Ralph Lauren
- Giorgio Armani
- Chanel’s Cristalle Perfume
- Victoria’s Secret
Tricia Helfer has supported charities/organizations such as –
- Richmond Animal Protection Society
- amfAR for AIDS Research (2018)
- Kitten Rescue LA (2018)
- Seattle Humane Organization (2019)
- Best Friends Animal Society (2019)
- The Tulip Ride (2019)
Best Known For
- Her roles in TV series such as Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009), Dark Blue (2010), The Firm (2012), Van Helsing (2016), and Lucifer (2016-2018)
- Starring in movies such as Memory (2006), Spiral (2007), Walk All Over Me (2007), Open House (2010), Bloodwork (2012), Authors Anonymous (2014), and Isolation (2015)
- Her modeling career that started when she was 17 years old, after which she walked at the top fashion shows for Dolce & Gabbana, Christian Dior, Claude Montana, Givenchy, and others
As a Singer
Tricia Helfer made her debut musical performance with a song Ring Around the Rosie in the episode titled Run of the criminal drama series Criminal Minds on May 16, 2012.
Tricia Helfer made her theatrical film debut as Eva in White Rush in 2003.
First TV Show
Tricia Helfer made her first TV show appearance as herself in an episode of the documentary news series, Inside Edition on November 11, 1992.
Tricia is a big fan of nature and traveling. She has shared numerous social media pictures of herself hiking and mountaineering and showcasing the physical challenges of getting to the top of the mountain. When Tricia is busy with filming, she goes to the gym and does a lot of cardio in the form of boxing and kickboxing, and tries to challenge herself in unconventional exercises such as inverted push-ups.
Tricia Helfer Favorite Things
- Animal – Dog, Cat
- Activity – Riding a Motorcycle
- Designer – Karl Lagerfeld
- Personal Quote – “I would change the push for women to look like Playmate Barbie dolls, that is just ridiculous.”
Tricia Helfer Facts
- Her last name means “helper” in German.
- She grew up on a family’s grain farm that her parents owned and ran, which was located near Donalda, Alberta, Canada.
- At the age of 17, a modeling agency scout discovered Tricia while she was standing in line outside a movie theater in Stettler, Alberta, Canada.
- She won the “Supermodel of the World” contest organized by Ford in 1992.
- She moved to Los Angeles, California, the United States in 2002, but flew back to Canada whenever she had free time in-between acting assignments.
- Tricia played Ashleigh James, a model who was murdered during an episode of the TV series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in 2002, the same year she officially retired from modeling.
- Tricia was included at the 83rd spot on the “Hot 100 of 2005” list put together by Maxim magazine. In 2006, she was at number 95 on the same list by Maxim.
- She was chosen as the cover model for the Playboy magazine issue released on February 2007.
- Tricia landed the 57th spot on the Maxim‘s “Hot 100 of 2007” list, and 55th on their “Hot 100 of 2010” list.
- She appeared as herself in the music video for the song Dance with Me by Old 97 in 2008.
- Tricia has 4 artificial disks in her back, and 2 in her neck. Those were a consequence of luggage falling on her head during a commercial airplane trip, as well as mishaps while doing her own stunts.
- Alongside her Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009) co-star Katee Sackhoff, who became one of her best friends, she co-founded the charity website named Acting Outlaws and supported a wide variety of causes close to their heart.
- Tricia gave her support to a wide variety of environmental issues such as oil spills and pollutions and has appeared in a PETA campaign in 2014, urging pet owners to keep their furry best friends indoors.
- Tricia has multiple cats named LeBron, Bella, Samantha, Lily, and Summer. Because Tricia is often away from home on sets, her assistant/catsitter constantly sends picture updates to help her cope.
- She celebrated 19 years of having Bella, her cat, in early February 2019.
- Tricia has a tattoo of 2 animal paws on her right ankle.
- She sold autographed pictures of the well-known characters she played in TV series and movies via her official website. Tricia donated the proceedings to various organizations that dealt with adoption, rescue, health, and wellbeing of animals.
- Visit her official website @ triciahelfer.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0