|Catherine Tate Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 12, 1968|
Catherine Tate is an English actress, comedian, and writer who is best known for her work in the sketch comedy series The Catherine Tate Show (2004–2007). She is also well recognized for portraying characters such as Angela Phillips in the sitcom Wild West (2002-2004), Donna Noble in the iconic science-fiction TV franchise Doctor Who (2006, 2008–2010), and Nellie Bertram in the mockumentary sitcom TV series The Office (2011-2013).
Catherine Jane Ford
Bloomsbury, Camden, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Catherine had attended the St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Primary School in Holborn, London, and later the Notre Dame High School, a convent all-girls Roman Catholic comprehensive secondary school in Southwark, London. After the abolition of the sixth form (the 2 years of post-GCSE academic education, where students aged between 16 and 17 prepare for their A-level/equivalent exams) at her secondary school, she had joined the Salesian College, a Roman Catholic voluntary-aided school in Battersea, London.
Catherine eventually left school without appearing for her A-levels. She had then tried to get a berth at the prestigious Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in London for 4 years and got through in her 4th attempt. She studied and trained at the institution for 3 years.
While she was struggling for a berth there, she had attended the Sylvia Young Theatre School, an independent performing arts school in Marble Arch, London. However, she had dropped out after spending just a week there. She had also trained at the National Youth Theatre in London.
Actress, Comedian, Writer
- Mother – Josephine Ford (Florist)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Catherine has dated –
- Twig Clark (2002–2011) – Catherine had started dating stage manager Twig Clark in 2002. They have a daughter together named Erin Johanna Clark (b. January 2003). The couple had parted ways in 2011.
- Jason Orange (2011-2012)
- Adrian Chiles (2012-2013)
- Jeff Gutheim (2019–Present) – Catherine got engaged to American screenwriter Jeff Gutheim in early 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of British descent.
- Curvaceous figure
- Shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Radiant face
Catherine Tate Facts
- She never got to know her father as he had abandoned her and the family when she was a toddler. She was largely brought up by her mother, her grandmother, and her godparents.
- Catherine was afflicted with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) during childhood and was obsessed with word association. She had once revealed that her situation was extremely severe. For instance, she would be unable to leave a jumper on the floor as she felt that it might bring some misfortune to her mother because her name began with the letter ‘J’, just like the jumper.
- As a teenager, she had decided that she would pursue a career in acting; and her decision to join the Salesian College, an institution primarily catering to boys, was because it had the necessary facilities for drama and theatre.
- She had mentioned in an interview that the character of Margaret, who shrieks even when slightly disturbed, in her popular sketch comedy series The Catherine Tate Show was largely based on her mother.
Featured Image by Catherine Tate / Instagram