|Cha Seung-won Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1970|
Cha Seung-won is a South Korean actor, model, and theatre artist who has made a name for himself in the entertainment industry by portraying a wide range of characters in several on-screen projects such as Libera Me, The Greatest Love, Athena: Goddess of War, Splendid Politics, City Hall, Blood Rain, Bodyguard, Kick the Moon, Jail Breakers, You’re All Surrounded, Hwayugi, A Korean Odyssey, Eye for an Eye, Man on High Heels, and My Teacher, Mr. Kim.
Seoul, South Korea
Cha Seung-won got enrolled at Sungkyunkwan University but later dropped out.
Actor, Model, Theatre Artist
Cha Seung-won is represented by YG Entertainment.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cha Seung-won has dated –
- Lee Soo-jin (1992-Present) – He got married to Lee Soo-jin in 1992 and they parent a daughter named Cha Ye-ni (born in 2003 and christened as Rachel). Cha Seung-won also adopted Lee’s son Cha No-ah (born 1989, christened as Noah) from her previous marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
- Tall stature
- Sports a mustache
Cha Seung-won Facts
- He began his career as a model in the year 1988.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Leg Model’s Boyfriend in the 1997 drama film, Holiday in Seoul, starring Choi Jin-sil.
- Cha Seung-won was cast as Hong Kyung-tak in the 2003 action romantic comedy television series, Bodyguard, and his performance in the show secured him the 16th Grimae Award for “Best Actor” and 2003 KBS Drama Award for “Top Excellence Award, Actor”.
- He appeared as Dokko Jin in the 2011 romantic comedy television series, The Greatest Love, starring alongside Gong Hyo-jin, Yoon Kye-sang, and Yoo In-na. For this role, he bagged the 38th Korea Broadcasting Award as well as 24th Grimae Award for “Best Actor”.
- As a theatre artist, he was cast as Lee Soon-woo in the play titled Bring Me My Chariot of Fire in 2012.
- Cha Seung-won portrayed the lead character of Prince Gwanghae, the son of a concubine who usurps the Joseon throne from his father King Seonjo’s direct bloodline, in the 2015 historical political drama television series, Splendid Politics. For this role, he won the “Top 10 Stars Award” at the 2015 MBC Drama Awards.
- He has also appeared in the music videos for various songs including Even if the World Fools You by Kim Jang-hoon, In My Heart by 4U, Poison by Uhm Jung-hwa, I am a Man by Kim Jang-hoon, and Lovey Dovey and Cry Cry by T-ara.
Featured Image by Cha Seung-won / Instagram