|Jason Momoa Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 1, 1979|
Jason Momoa is an American actor, producer, model, director, and voiceover artist who is known for having been cast as Arthur Curry/Aquaman in the DC Extended Universe films Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), Justice League (2017), and Aquaman (2018). Some of his other popular on-screen roles include playing Khal Drogo in Game of Thrones, Declan Harp in Frontier, Ronon Dex in Stargate Atlantis, Baba Voss in See, and Spyder in Once Upon a Time in Venice.
Joseph Jason Namakaeha Momoa
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Actor, Model, Producer, Director, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Joseph Momoa (Painter)
- Mother – Coni (Lemke) (Photographer)
- Siblings – He is an only child.
- Others – Zoe Kravitz (Step-daughter) (Singer), Louis Kuulei Momoa, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Phyllis Rose Leilani Kaeo (Paternal Grandmother), Delaine William Lemke (Maternal Grandfather), Mabel L. Hoult (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been signed with –
- LINK Entertainment
- CLM Management, Talent Management Company, Norwalk, Iowa, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
106 kg or 234 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Momoa has dated –
- Simmone Mackinnon (1999-2006) – Simmone and Jason started dating in 1999. Jason engaged this Australian actress in June 2004. Their relationship finally saw an end in 2006.
- Lisa Bonet (2005-Present) – Momoa met actress Lisa Bonet in 2005 and they soon became an item. The couple married on November 15, 2007, and have 2 children as of now – daughter Lola Iolani (b. July 23, 2007) and son Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa (b. December 15, 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
Jason’s father is of Samoan and native Hawaiian descent while his mother has Irish, German, and American ancestry.
- Towering height
- Muscular build
- Scar mark on his left eyebrow. He got it after being attacked by a broken bottle.
Best Known For
His television roles as Ronon Dex (2005–09) on the military science fiction TV series Stargate: Atlantis and as Khal Drogo in the HBO medieval fantasy TV series Game of Thrones (2011-2012).
After appearing in the TV series Baywatch, Jason also appeared in the film version of the same. In 2003, he played the role of Jason Ioane in the made-for-TV Film Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding.
First TV Show
From 1999 to 2001, Jason appeared on the American action drama series Baywatch Hawaii for his role as Jason Ioane.
For the 2011 movie Conan the Barbarian…., he had to work out very hard. He lifted weights, which he never did in his life before this movie. To train and look like Conan, Jason Momoa ate chicken breasts. He trained like a beast. Jason loves carbs and is not a fan of sticking to a diet and doing workouts.
Jason Momoa Favorite Things
- Food – Apple pie (made by his mom), Spaghetti (cooked by his wife Lisa Bonet), Japanese cuisine
- Drink – Guinness, red wine, Mountain Sun Brews
- Movie – Basquiat (1996), A Streetcar Named Desire (1951), The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007)
Jason Momoa Facts
- He was raised by his mother in Norwalk, Iowa.
- He started his career as a model in 1998 after getting discovered by an international designer Takeo Kikuchi.
- In 1999, Jason won Hawaii’s Model of The Year contest.
- Jason is the nephew of surfers Rusty Keaulana and Brian Keaulana.
- Jason’s son’s born name is Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa. The meaning of the name was shared by Jason’s mother. Nakoa means “warrior” and Mana stands for “strength/spirit”, Kaua means “rain” and Po means “dark”. He was born at the night time during a bad weather condition and hence this name was kept. The other words are the middle name and the last name of his father, Jason Momoa.
- He enjoys surfing, skateboarding, mountain biking, and rock climbing.
- He loves cigars and booze. It is his favorite thing.
- Momoa’s dream car is a 1978 Land Cruiser.
- His mother is his role model.
- Vajra Kila and Mahakala are two pet dogs of Momoa.
- In 2011, after his character was killed from Game of Thrones, he went into debt and was unable to pay the bills in a family of 4 (including wife Lisa and 2 kids) for many years. His situation started improving in 2016 when he was cast in Justice League (2017).
- For his role in Game of Thrones, he won the 2011 CinemaCon Award for “Male Rising Star”.
- He directed, produced, co-wrote, and co-acted in the 2014 drama thriller film, Road to Paloma. Also, this film marked his debut as a director.
- Jason is a big fan of the color pink and wears it quite often. He was also seen in the color pink during the 2019 Oscars.
- In 2019, he started appearing as Baba Voss, a skilled warrior and leader of the Alkenny tribe, in the Apple TV+ science fiction drama streaming television series, See.
- He graced the cover of Men’s Health magazine’s December 2020 issue.
- He has been cast to play the role of Duncan Idaho, the swordmaster of House Atreides, in the epic science fiction film, Dune.
- Jason was also in the race to play Drax the Destroyer in the Marvel Studio films. However, the role was finally played by Dave Bautista.
- In December 2020, Jason revealed in a Men’s Health interview that yoga is the hardest thing he has ever done in his life. It is because his body is not much flexible now after lots of gymming.