|Adria Arjona Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Adria Arjona is a Puerto Rican actress, producer, and voice actress based in the United States who is known for her television roles such as playing Dorothy Gale in the NBC fantasy drama series Emerald City, Bix Caleen in the Disney+ science-fiction action-adventure series Andor, Emily in the HBO anthology crime drama series True Detective, Anathema Device in the fantasy comedy series Good Omens, Laurie in the HBO comedy-drama miniseries Irma Vep, and Dani Silva in the CBS science fiction crime drama series Person of Interest. Moreover, she has also been cast in many other shows and movies which include the likes of Narcos, The Belko Experiment, Sweet Girl, Morbius, Wedding in New York, Eos, Monsterland, Pacific Rim Uprising, Life of the Party, Triple Frontier, Father of the Bride, Unforgettable, and 6 Underground.
Adria Arjona Torres
At the age of 18, Adria moved to New York City.
However, after her acting career took off, she shifted her base to West Hollywood.
After she moved to New York City, Adria got enrolled at the Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute to take a three-month acting course.
Actress, Producer, Voice Actress
- Father – Ricardo Arjona (Latin American singer and songwriter)
- Mother – Leslie Torres
- Siblings – Ricorda Arjona (Brother), Nicolás Arjona (Younger Paternal Half-Brother)
- Others – Ricardo Arjona Moscoso (Paternal Grandfather), Mimi Morales de Arjona (Paternal Grandmother)
Adria Arjona has been represented by –
- One Entertainment, New York City, New York, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Adria Arjona has dated –
- Edgardo Canales (2019-Present) – She got married to Edgardo Canales in the year 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Adria has Puerto Rican ancestry on her mother’s side, whereas, she is of Guatemalan descent on her dad’s side.
- Petite figure
35-24-35 in or 89-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Best Known For
- Being cast as Emily in the HBO crime drama series, True Detective in 2015
- Having played the role of Dorothy Gale in the NBC fantasy series, Emerald City
In 2012, Adria first appeared in the short film Loss.
However, her first full-length film was the comedy movie, Wedding in New York in 2015.
First TV Show
In 2014, Adria made her TV show debut in the Cashing Out episode of the crime drama series, Unforgettable.
Adria Arjona Favorite Things
- Food – Chocolate
Source – Vanity Fair
Adria Arjona Facts
- She had a very unsettled childhood as she regularly toured with her father, who was a well-known Latin American singer. Also, she often had to move between Miami and Mexico City.
- When she moved to New York City to study at The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, her father had asked her to come up with a backup plan such as studying in college but within months, she was so taken up with acting that she realized it was the only thing she wanted.
- While studying at The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, she used to work as a waitress at several New York City restaurants for financial support.
- She had initially turned down an opportunity to audition for her role in Emerald City because she felt that there was no way producers would pick a Hispanic actress.
- When she got a call confirming her casting in the TV series Emerald City, she was having dinner at a restaurant in Columbia. She was so overwhelmed by the news that she cried in the middle of the restaurant.
- When she started her career as a TV and movie actor, she had told her manager that she would bag a role in the HBO TV series, True Detective. She managed to complete her objective within a year.
- For her role in True Detective, she even didn’t have to go in for an audition. She had done a self-tape in her living room and managed to impress the show producers with it.
- She got a script for her role in True Detective just 3 days before the shooting was to start.
- She did voiceover work for the video game Fortnite in 2017.
- She brought to life the character of Amelia/Five (The Doctor) in the 2019 vigilante action thriller film 6 Underground. Her co-stars for the project included Ryan Reynolds, Mélanie Laurent, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Corey Hawkins, Ben Hardy, and Dave Franco.
- In 2022, she started appearing as Bix Caleen (a mechanic and black market dealer who is Andor’s ally and close friend) in the science-fiction action-adventure television series Andor (also known as Star Wars: Andor).
- Alongside Andy García, Gloria Estefan, Isabela Merced, Diego Boneta, and Chloe Fineman, she co-starred as Sofia Herrera in the 2022 romantic comedy film Father of the Bride.