|Dave Franco Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 12, 1985|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Dave Franco is an American actor, voice actor, comedian, writer, and producer whose film credits include 21 Jump Street, The Little Hours, Easy A, The Disaster Artist, Superbad, The Shortcut, Milk, Charlie St. Cloud, Greenberg, The Broken Tower, Fright Night, Warm Bodies, Now You See Me, The Lego Ninjago Movie, Now You See Me 2, The Lego Movie, 22 Jump Street, Day Shift, Neighbors, If Beale Street Could Talk, Nerve, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising, Unfinished Business, 6 Balloons, 6 Underground, and Zeroville. In addition to that, Dave Franco’s television roles include playing Cole Aaronson in the sitcom Scrubs, Ed Poole in the comedy series The Now, Xavier in the murder mystery comedy series The Afterparty, Jeff in the comedy-drama anthology series Easy, Gonzo in the comedy-drama series Greek, Zachary in The CW comedy-drama series Privileged, and Gus in the sitcom Do Not Disturb.
David John Franco
Palo Alto, California, United States
Dave went to Palo Alto High School and graduated in 2003. Subsequently, he got enrolled at the University of Southern California but dropped out to focus on his acting career.
Actor, Comedian, Voice Actor, Writer, Producer
- Father – Doug Franco (Businessperson) (1948–2011)
- Mother – Betsy (née Verne) (Poet, author, editor)
- Siblings – Tom Franco (Brother), James Franco (Older Brother)
- Others – Daniel Franco, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Marjorie (Peterson) Franco (Paternal Grandmother) (Published young adult books author), Daniel Surad Verovitz/Verne (Maternal Grandfather), Mitzie (Levine) Verne (Maternal Grandmother) (Owner of the Verne Art Gallery in Cleveland)
Dave Franco has been signed to –
- Baker Winokur Ryder Public Relations
- Management Artists Syndication
- Entertainment Booking Agency
- Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
His net worth has been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dave Franco has dated –
- Dianna Agron (2008-2009) – 2009 film “A Fuchsia Elephant” lead actors Dianna Agron and Dave Franco met in January 2008 for the first time and started dating. The duo was an item for one and a half years until May 2009.
- Alison Brie (2012-Present) – In May 2012, Dave met actor Alison Brie and started dating her. They kept on dating for three years and got engaged on August 25, 2015. In March 2017, they got married in a private ceremony. Alison Brie revealed in an interview with Larry King in 2017 that she did not want to have children.
Race / Ethnicity
Dave has Portuguese and Swedish ancestry on his dad’s side, while he has Russian Jewish ancestry on his mom’s side.
He has appeared in EA Games’ Madden NFL 15 commercial with Kevin Hart.
Best Known For
Playing Cole Aaronson in the ninth and the final season of the medical comedy-drama series Scrubs from 2009 to 2010 and appearing in films like 21 Jump Street (2012), Charlie St. Cloud (2010), Fright Night (2011), Now You See Me (2013), Warm Bodies (2013), and Neighbors (2014).
Dave appeared in the 2006 short film Frat Bros. for his role as A.J.
First TV Show
In 2006, Franco guest appeared in the family drama series 7th Heaven for his role as Benjamin Bainsworth in an episode titled “Highway to Cell.”
Dave Franco’s Favorite Things
- Film – 28 Days Later (2002)
- Book – Ham on Rye (By Charles Bukowski)
- Author – Charles Bukowski, Roald Dahl
Source – NextMovie.com, Celebuzz.com
Dave Franco Facts
- Dave’s parents first met at Stanford University as students, who were studying art. Both are painters.
- He has two giant pet cats – Harry and Arturo. He sometimes calls them small panthers.
- British novelist Roald Dahl was his childhood hero.
- For the 2008 film “Twilight,” he was also tested for the role of Edward Cullen. But the role got finally offered to Robert Pattinson.
- Dave is close to his brother James.
- He received praise for his work in the Scrubs TV series. Dave appeared in all the 13 episodes of the ninth and the final season of Scrubs.
- He was a bit of a bookworm in school and had written a lot of poetries in high school and also got them published.
- He provided vocals to the character of Lloyd Garmadon (the Green Ninja who is the leader of the Secret Ninja Force) in the 2017 computer-animated comedy film The Lego Ninjago Movie.
- The name “Franco” is actually Portuguese.
- In 2022, he started appearing as Xavier (a pop star/actor who is Yasper’s former bandmate and the murder victim) in the murder mystery comedy television series The Afterparty. He co-starred in the show alongside Tiffany Haddish, Ike Barinholtz, Ben Schwartz, Ilana Glazer, and others.