|Chad Kroeger Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 1974|
Chad Kroeger is a Canadian singer, songwriter, TV personality, musician, producer, and entrepreneur, best known as the lead guitarist and vocalist for the band Nickelback. He began his career as part of the grunge cover band, Village Idiot, in the early 1990s, before forming Nickelback with his brother Mike Kroeger and cousin Brandon Kroeger, as well as singer Ryan Peake. In 2001, Chad also formed a band named The Suits XL, which released an album Quarter-Life Crisis (2006) through 604 Records that he co-founded in 2002. He also produced, wrote songs, or sang with a plethora of other well-known artists as well as bands such as Daughtry, Default, Bo Bice, and Theory of a Deadman.
Chad Robert Turton
Hanna, Alberta, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
He never graduated from high school.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Producer, Entrepreneur, TV Personality
- Father – Wendall “Windy” Turton
- Mother – Debbie Kroeger
- Siblings – Mike Kroeger (Older Brother) (Musician)
- Others – Brandon Kroeger (Cousin), Heinrich “Henry” Kroeger (Maternal Grandfather) (Member of the Progressive Conservative Party, Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta), Cleona Elora Kelts (Maternal Grandmother), Heinrich/Henrich “Henry” Kroeger (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Helena Rempel (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Harvey Shelton/Sheldon Kelts (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Flora Belle McMillen (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
Chad Kroeger is represented by the Commercial Talent Agency (Talent Agent) in Studio City, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Alternative Rock, Alternative Metal, Post-Grunge, Hard Rock, Pop Rock, Heavy Metal
Vocals, Drums, Guitar
- VI-0-IV Records (604 Records)
- Roadrunner Records
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chad Kroeger has dated –
- Marianne Gurick (2002-2009) – For 7 years, Chad was engaged to the hair salon owner, Marianne Gurick.
- Kristen Dewitt (2007-2012) – Between September 2007 and May 2012, he was in a relationship with American personality Kristen Dewitt. Their relationship ended on bad terms. It included angry tweets and lawsuits about cheating on her with Avril, among other things.
- Avril Lavigne (2012-2015) – He began collaborating with the singer and musician Avril Lavigne around February 2012, preparing her 5th studio album. In July 2012, after he broke up with Kristen, the two began dating. On August 8, 2012, the pair got engaged and got married on Canada Day, July 1, 2013, in the south of France. Rumors about their split after only 1 year of marriage began surfacing in September 2014 but received no response from either of them. Finally, on September 2, 2015, Avring publicly confirmed their separation on Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, English, Irish, Scottish, remote Swiss-German and Welsh, and 1/16 Norwegian descent.
He has often dyed his hair ‘Blonde.’
- Towering height
- Spiky haircut
- Goatee facial hair
- Gruff vocals
Chad Kroeger Favorite Things
Movie – Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
Source – IMDb
Chad Kroeger Facts
- His dad left the family when he was only 2 years old. He later started going by his mom’s maiden name, Kroeger. Nickelback‘s song Too Bad is dedicated to that event in his life.
- His last name is pronounced “Kr-OO-ger.”
- In the past, Chad landed the 6th spot on “The 100 Unsexiest Men in the World” compiled by the Boston Phoenix website.
- A song he recorded for the soundtrack of the movie Spider-Man (2002) titled Hero, gained him a lot of prominence as a solo artist.
- More than 3 years after their divorce, when Avril announced she was suffering from Lyme disease, Chad rose up to the task and supported her both privately and professionally. He gave her advice on song choices, lent his vocals, and invited her to use his recording studio for her 6th studio album, Head Above Water (2019).
- Nickelback‘s song How You Remind Me peaked on the #1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, while the song titled Photograph reached #2 on the same chart.
- Mark Zuckerberg “threw a jab” at his band when he asked his at-home AI system named Jarvis in 2016 to “play him a good Nickelback song.” The system replied: “I’m sorry Mark, I’m afraid I can’t do that… there are no good Nickelback songs,” to which he replied: “Good. That was actually a test.”
Featured Image by Frost Harver / Wikipedia / Public Domain