|Charlie Carver Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Charlie Carver is an American actor known for portraying various important roles in popular TV shows and films like Desperate Housewives, Teen Wolf, and The Leftovers. He has also acted in popular theatre productions like The Boys in the Band. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 60k followers on Facebook.
Charles Carver Martensen
San Francisco, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Charlie Carver went to the St. Paul’s Boarding School in Concord, New Hampshire. However, in his sophomore year, he got enrolled at the Interlochen Arts Academy, Michigan.
After finishing high school, he got admission at the University of Southern California and graduated in 2012. He later took acting classes at The American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
- Father – Robert Martensen (Physician, Historian, and Author)
- Mother – Anne Carver (Philanthropist and Community Activist)
- Siblings – Max Carver (Younger Identical Twin Brother) (Actor, Director, Writer, Producer)
- Others – Lorenz Thomas “Marty” Martensen, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Bernice Helen Sommer (Paternal Grandmother), George William Douglas Carver (Maternal Grandfather), Margaret Hitchcock (Maternal Grandmother)
Charlie Carver is represented by Brooklyn-based Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charlie Carver has dated –
- Steve Miller (2018) – In 2018, Charlie was linked with a man named Steve Miller. He had shared a picture of him kissing an unidentified man and after some research, some tabloids found out that it was Miller. However, the picture was later deleted from his feed so it isn’t known whether they are still together.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, English, Irish, French-Canadian, Danish, and Scottish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blonde’.
- Prominent nose
- Heavy jawline
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Porter Scavo on the comedy-drama TV series, Desperate Housewives.
- Having played the role of Ethan in the teen fantasy drama TV series, Teen Wolf.
- Being cast in the 1st season of the mystery drama TV series, The Leftovers.
In 2012, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, Fred 3: Camp Fred.
First TV Show
In 2008, Charlie Carver made his first TV show appearance as Porter Scavo in the You’re Gonna Love Tomorrow episode of the ABC TV series, Desperate Housewives.
To prepare for his role as a werewolf in the Teen Wolf, Charlie had to undertake a grueling workout regime. He and his brother were trained together by Tony Wisniewski, who was hired by the show producers to whip their young stars in the right shape.
Tony created a workout regime that had his trainees lifting free weights so as to bulk their skinny frames. He also included core exercises such as crunches and planks on the medicine ball in the workout regime.
Charlie was also asked to eat a healthy diet with a focus on lean meats and fresh vegetables. He had to refrain from eating junk and sugary food.
Charlie Carver Favorite Things
- Food – Seafood
- TV Shows – Game of Thrones
- Childhood Music Bands – Eagles, Green Day, and Alanis Morissette
Charlie Carver Facts
- While living in Los Angeles, he had gone shopping for a pair of shoes, when a man came up to him and told him that he looked like a young Matt Damon and he should give acting a try. He left his card with Charlie, who looked it up on IMDb and found that he was a representative from a big agency.
- About 2 weeks after he was handed a card by a representative, he bagged a role in the TV series, Desperate Housewives.
- He is fond of body art and has got a couple of tattoos. He had even got a rocket inked on the inside of his bicep.
- While he was born on July 31, his younger twin was born 7 minutes later on August 1.
- He got his first stage acting gig while he was in the 8th grade as he was cast in the role of fairy trickster Puck in his school’s production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- In 2018, he made his Broadway debut with a role of a cowboy in the revival of Mart Crowley’s The Boys in the Band.
- In January 2016, he came out as gay in a series of touching Instagram posts. He had told his family about his sexual orientation in his teens but waited for a long time to feel comfortable about his sexual orientation as an actor.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0