|Charlie Cox Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 15, 1982|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Charlie Cox is an English actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Matt Murdock / Daredevil in Daredevil, Jonathan Hellyer Jones in The Theory of Everything, Tristan Thorn in Stardust, and Owen Sleater in Boardwalk Empire. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Defenders, Spider-Man: No Way Home, Things to Do Before You’re 30, Stone of Destiny, There Be Dragons, Dracula Untold, King of Thieves, Downton Abbey, Judge John Deed, A for Andromeda, Moby Dick, Echo, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like The Lover/The Collection, The Prince of Homburg, and Betrayal. For his acting skills, Charlie has been honored with several awards such as the Screen Actors Guild Award and Helen Keller Achievement Award.
Charlie Thomas Cox
London, England, UK
He did his schooling from Ashdown House School in Forest Row village in East Sussex, London. He also pursued studies at the Sherborne School in Sherborne market town, Dorset, London.
Charlie Cox also studied theater at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School in Bristol.
- Father – Andrew Frederick Seaforth Cox (Publisher)
- Mother – Patricia C. A. Tricia (née Harley)
- Siblings – Toby (Brother), Emma (Step-Sister), Zoe (Step-Brother), Oliver (Step-Brother)
- Others – Sir Andrew Agnew (6th Earl of Lauderdale) (Forebear), James Ogilvy (4th Earl of Findlater) (Forebear), Andrew Elliot (Forebear), Sir David Carnegie (4th Baronet) (Forebear), Frederick Lewis Maitland (Royal Navy captain) (Forebear)
He is repped by several agencies –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
- United Agents Ltd.
- Diamond Management
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
79 kg or 174 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charlie Cox dated –
- Lynn Collins (2004) – Charlie Cox and American actress Lynn Collins were in a short relationship that did not last even one year.
- Kate Mara (2008-2009) – Charlie Cox and his co-star in Stone of Destiny were allegedly linked together. They were seen together publicly and ended their relation one year later in 2009.
- Janet Montgomery (2014-2015) – Actors Janet Montgomery and Charlie Cox made a great couple and started seeing each other in May 2014. The two called it off in 2015.
- Samantha Thomas (2018-Present) – In September 2018, he tied the knot with the Executive Vice President of Bron TV, Samantha Thomas. The couple has 2 children together – a son and a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry.
He has appeared in a cat food commercial.
He was raised Roman Catholic. But, he rarely practices the religion.
Best Known For
Charlie Cox is famously known for playing the role of Matt Murdock / Daredevil in the Netflix superhero TV series Daredevil.
He is also known for portraying the role of Tristan Thorn in Stardust (2007) and playing Owen Sleater in Boardwalk Empire from 2011 to 2012 during Season 2 and Season 3 on HBO.
He starred for the first time in the psychological thriller film Dot the I in 2003 as Theo with Gael García Bernal. The movie was widely talked during the Sundance Film Festival the same year.
First TV Show
He was first seen on television in 2002 when he played Young Vicar in BBC’s legal drama series Judge John Deed in the Everyone’s Child episode.
First Stage Show
His first stage appearance was in 2005 in ‘Tis Pity she’s a Whore as Giovanni at Southwark Playhouse.
Charlie Cox has undergone serious training for his superhero role in Daredevil. He credits gymming and has revealed in a recent interview some of his workout secrets. For a body as fit as his, here is what to do.
The following is a SAMPLE workout program for the ones looking to achieve a similar body like his.
His workout regime has been categorized into two parts.
Workout A that targets chest, legs, and triceps consists of incline bench press, weighted dips, barbell squats, skull crushers, close grip pushups, and hanging leg raises. While he does 3 sets of each of these exercises with a 150-second rest in between exercises, he does 1 set of close grip pushups.
The Workout B is for the back, shoulders, and biceps and consists of weighted pull-ups or wide grip lat pulldowns, standing military press, barbell curls, lateral raises, and abs wheel rollout with 3 sets each.
You can train thrice a week and make sure to do 1-2 warm-up sets before starting any exercise. When you achieve a rep range, it is imperative to increase weight for more effect. Tracking workouts is an important part of your exercise routine.
Follow a balanced nutritious meal plan to help in muscle growth and lower the fat levels of the body.
You may also want to read more about him on Healthy Celeb.
Charlie Cox Favorite Things
- Destination – New York
- Actor – Oscar Isaac
- Sport – Football
- Football Team – Arsenal F.C.
- Comic – Daredevil
Charlie Cox Facts
- Charlie Cox is the foremost non-American to play the character of Matt Murdock / Daredevil.
- He is the third actor to have played the role of the superhero Matt Murdock / Daredevil. The other two actors who played the role are Rex Smith and Ben Affleck
- He was unaware of the fact that his Daredevil character was blind till the audition time.
- Before becoming an actor, he worked as an assistant to a photographer and was also a waiter.
- Australia, the USA, Europe, and Hong Kong are among the destinations he has traveled to.
- He is fascinated by America and wants to embark on a motorcycling trip across the country to catch a sight of the wide-open spaces that the nation is famous for.
- He finds Claire Danes as a really great actress.
- He hadn’t read any Daredevil comics before he was cast for the show, but since he started reading the comic has fallen in love with them.
- Charlie Cox comes from a royal ancestry.
- Charlie Cox received the Helen Keller Achievement Award for his role of Matt Murdock / Daredevil by the American Foundation for the Blind.
- Even though almost every actor has a social media account, Charlie Cox has not been drawn into creating accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and others yet and says that he would want to avoid being swallowed into the culture.