|Charlie Kimball Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1985|
Charlie Kimball is an American professional racing driver who has primarily competed in the IndyCar Series, finishing in 9th place on the overall leaderboard in both 2013 and 2016. He was given a seat in the IndyCar Series in 2011 after an impressive performance in the 2010 season of the developmental series Indy Lights where had finished in the 4th place in just his 2nd year at the competition. Charlie had also won the 2013 24 Hours of Daytona endurance race event and achieved a 3rd-place finish at the prestigious Indianapolis 500 event in 2015.
Charles Newton Kimball
Chertsey, Runnymede, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States
Charlie had attended the Rio Mesa High School in Oxnard, California. After his high school graduation, he had been accepted into Stanford University in California but he decided to defer his admission to pursue his racing career.
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – Gordon Kimball (Automobile Designer)
- Siblings – Rachel Kimball (Sister)
4 – IndyCar Series
IndyCar Series Teams
Charlie has raced for –
- Chip Ganassi Racing (2011-2017)
- Carlin (2018-2019)
- A. J. Foyt Enterprises (2020-Present)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charlie has dated –
- Kathleen Thompson (2002-Present) – Charlie had first met Kathleen Thompson when they were both in high school and they soon began dating each other. They eventually got married in 2014 in a ceremony that was officiated by Charlie’s fellow driver James Hinchcliffe. The couple has 2 children together – a daughter named Hannah Kimball (b. December 2018) and a son named Gordon Kimball (b. March 11, 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
Charlie has been sponsored by –
- Novo Nordisk
- ADW Diabetes
- Axis Wake Research
- Racing Optics
- Rudy Project North America
- Wheels Up
Charlie Kimball Favorite Things
- Adventure Sports – Mountain Biking, Surfing, Snowboarding
- Baseball Team – Los Angeles Dodgers
- Hobbies/Interests – Boating, Traveling, Home Improvement
- University Sports Team – Stanford Cardinal
Charlie Kimball Facts
- Born in Chertsey, England, he was primarily raised in the United States after his family had emigrated there and settled in Camarillo, California.
- He had started his single-seater career in 2002 with the American Formula Dodge national championship and came into the spotlight in 2003 when he had finished 3rd in the Formula Ford US series with 2 wins and 7 podium finishes. He had also stood 3rd in the 2003 UK Formula Ford Winter series, 4th in the 2004 UK Formula Ford championship, and 2nd in the 2005 British Formula 3 Championship.
- Midway through the 2007 season, when he was competing in the Formula Renault 3.5 Series, he took a break from his racing career after he was diagnosed with the onset of Type 1 diabetes. He returned to racing in 2008 wearing a wireless blood sugar monitor and carrying sugar water in the car while racing. He earned a podium finish in his very first race upon return.
- In 2011, when he first joined the competition, he was the first licensed driver with diabetes in the history of the IndyCar Series.
Featured Image by Charlie Kimball / Instagram