|Charlotte Hawkins Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1975|
Charlotte Hawkins is an English TV and radio presenter, newsreader, and journalist who is best known for hosting the main news program on British network ITV‘s evening show Meridian Tonight (2003–2006), co-presenting Sky UK‘s weekday breakfast program Sky News Sunrise (2007–2014), and co-presenting ITV‘s breakfast program Good Morning Britain (2014–Present). Between January 2018 and January 2020, she had also presented a music show on Classic FM, one of the United Kingdom’s 3 independent national radio stations.
Charlotte Mary Hawkins
Chichester, West Sussex, England, United Kingdom
Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Charlotte had attended the Bishop Luffa School, a Church of England secondary school in her hometown of Chichester. After her high school graduation, she had joined the University of Manchester, a public research university. She had graduated from there with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English literature.
She had later attained a postgraduate diploma in broadcast journalism from the London College of Communication (then known as the London College of Printing), a constituent college of the University of the Arts London, that specializes in arts, design, fashion, and the performing arts.
TV and Radio Presenter, Newsreader, Journalist
- Father – Frank Hawkins (Former Clergyman at Chichester Cathedral) (d. 2015)
- Mother – Gillian Hawkins
- Siblings – Richard Hawkins (Older Brother), David Hawkins (Older Brother)
She is represented by M&C Saatchi Merlin, Creative Talent Management Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charlotte has dated –
- Mark Herbert (2003-Present) – Charlotte had started dating Mark Herbert in 2003 and the couple got married 5 years later, on August 23, 2008, in a ceremony at the Chichester Cathedral where her father was a clergyman. In August 2014, she had announced live on Good Morning Britain that she was pregnant with her first child. The baby girl, named Ella Rose Herbert, was born in February 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of British descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Gleaming face
Charlotte Hawkins Facts
- She has actively supported numerous charitable organizations and has been a patron of the Motor Neurone Disease Association as well as Ellenor Hospice. She has also served as an ambassador for Cancer Research UK Kids and Teens.
- Charlotte has been a long-term supporter of the Dogs Trust and had also adopted a pet dog named Bailey, who had been rescued by the organization.
- In August 2017, she had participated in the 15th series of the competition-based reality TV show Strictly Come Dancing. She was eliminated in the 4th week of the competition.
- In August 2019, she had broken down in tears, on TV, after interviewing a police officer suffering from motor neurone disease (MND), the crippling disorder that had taken her father’s life in 2015.
- In November 2020, she had released a classical music album titled Mindful Moments, as a Christmas special. The album was a selection of her favorite tracks in classical music and was dedicated to her late father, Frank.
- She loves to spend a lot of her spare time outdoors and her hobbies include horse riding, cycling, and sailing.
Featured Image by Charlotte Hawkins / Instagram